T-bar clocking ?

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
I am getting ready to purchase new torsion bars for my 67 notch. I have checked my options and I am concerned with the potential clocking issues with aftermarket T-bars. I want stock ride height so no lowering options required. All information will be appreciated.
DR

PST changed the clocking on their 1.03” bars awhile back, originally they were better for lowered cars. Now they should work fine for getting the original ride height.

Firm Feel’s torsion bar clocking depends on what size bar you get, smaller bars are clocked like stock, the large bars are clocked less or not at all depending on the size. But as the bars get larger less clocking is needed, I could have set stock ride height with my 1.12” firm feel bars. With firm feel I would call and ask specifically for the bars you want.

I am getting ready to purchase new torsion bars for my 67 notch. I have checked my options and I am concerned with the potential clocking issues with aftermarket T-bars. I want stock ride height so no lowering options required. All information will be appreciated.
DR

I can confirm that PST's bars can be set at stock height.

How do you "clock" a round bar with hex shaped ends? Are the ends offset from each other? I have never noticed any
differences. The same with right and left sides. What difference does it make? Other then the markings on the ends.

If you contact James at PST, he will sift all the forum bullshit out and shoot you straight. That way, you don't have 50 different and possibly incorrect answers to sift through.

DR

Clocking can be a problem with the really big bars. It shouldn't be a problem with any of the popular sizes but it is a good question to ask when buying heavy duty bars.

How do you "clock" a round bar with hex shaped ends? Are the ends offset from each other? I have never noticed any
differences. The same with right and left sides. What difference does it make? Other then the markings on the ends.

You should take a look at a set of torsion bars sometime. L and R bars are clocked opposite of each other. That is why they are marked L and R. And the clocking is opposite to how they are stressed in the car so it acts as a pre-stress. It was a clever design by the factory engineers.

I have 1.08s in stock as well these are also clocked and marked. Bergmanautocraft.com

I’m a long time member and now a site supporter

If you have any questions about our 1.03" bars please let me know. They are made in the USA and being a member of the site you are eligible for the FABO discount and free shipping within the the USA 48 States.

A Bodies Only Member's Discount

Thanks
James From
PST

-
Back