t-tops

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
i got an idea after lookin at a 78/9 t-top magnum (owners wouldnt sell:thebirdm:) BUT has anyone ever tried putting t-top in a duster,demon,or dart sport?? i got an idea of transplantin t-tops into my dart sport:snakeman:

:rock: you can only have t-tops if you grow a mullet, lol, i guess the 80s cameros, mustangs, and firebirds ruined t-tops. they do look kinda cool on the cordobas and magnums though

Those T-tops are very very expensive since it is a two year run can and with not many being built, there difficult to come by. Nobody makes replacements.
Magnum owners tend to stick together.

You would probably have a better fitment issue with Volare and like car T -tops. Good luck and take lots-o-pictures!

ya i know the mags were a 2 year run,in fact my dad has a t-top magnum parts car out back,rusted to **** though. but lookin at the one i wanted to buy (aint been moved in a while,plates expired last june) and walkin back to my dart, the idea hit me!

Same as a 76 Cordoba?My brother had one w/t-tops,trashed the car,and i
remember seeing those t-tops in his garage after the car was scrapped.This
has been atleast 13 yrs ago but maybe worth checking in to?

Ask any Camaro/Fireturd owner that has T-Tops how solid his car feels. Cutting those chunks out of the roof (esp at either edge) does wonders for the car's structural rigidity. You wonder how it holds together.
My boss has a 89 Fireturd with them and going down a smooth Florida road if you put your hand between the seat and door with your fingers touching the sill plate, you can feel the door and sill plate moving in opposite directions. Worst thing that you can do to a car!!!

Ya that is true my buddy has a real nice 81 Camaro Z28 with T-tops and he has to re-inforce the frame cause the roof is starting to buckle at the back half of the T section.

In my opinoin I'd forget about trying to do this modification to your D-Sport for several reasons.

1) if you muck it up or something you'll have no car

2) you should just concentrate on getting it where you are happy with it then think about the bigger type mods.

3) i just dont think the car would look right with t-tops (if they were meant to have them they would have been an option)

Just my opinoin in the end its your car and your choice.

I have a volare with t-tops. there ok, but not worth chopping your car up.
I've got a T-top Magnum.
New or used weatherstrips for the T-tops are impossible to find, in fact, a lot of the parts for those cars are hard to find. Unless you horde them like me......

... and they have a tendency to leak. Ask any t-top owner about leakage issues - from the t-tops, not the owners.

ya i know t-tops have a tendancy to leak, and would take a lot of stuctural integridty out,but i think it would still be bitchin lol. i remember ridin in my moms old t-top magnum and loved them. we still have them, along with another pair of glass, but i know my dad wouldnt let me chop the roof up for em as the car is a storage shed right now lol. but i think the volare/aspen ones would be a better fit.

duster dude- dunno if you know but i heard jcwhitney sells 1/4 panel patches for the mags/dobas, just a heads up if you didnt

I have an NOS set for a 77 road runner if ur interested! Still in the box also have the roof seal too (I THINK)

I bought a new 77 Aspen with T tops

If you must do this, the weld in frame connectors should go in 1st.

On the aspen the had a piece of maybe 14~16 gauge metal at the bottom of the A PILLARS riveted in

Mine leaked, both tops cracked and were replaced under warranty

My guess is the top of the duster is too rounded on top for the glass panels to line up very well. Cutting the top off a car that came with T Tops and grafting it to the top of your duster would make it look like it came that way

Lots of work, but would make a one of a kind vehicle

personally I would not do it

Buy an Aspen/Volare with T tops instead

if you find a 77 Dark Blue with black vinyl top and interior Aspen Custom 360 auto with ALL THE OPTIONS, it might be my old car...........LOL

`77Aspen.jpg

ya i plan on welded in frame connectors anyways

if i found an aspen/volare,itd have to be a wagon, so i could make a 5th ave wagon lol. if i ever found a coupe, id prolly have to sell it to my dad as he's been wantin one for a long time now cuz he had one in the late 80s,early 90s

-
Back