T10 to 440

-
I find this AWFUL tough to believe. I was there

in stock form, no

But tell me where you can buy a strong aftermarket gearset for an 833. There is a fellow who builds T-10's to withstand 10sec. cars with aftermarket gearsets...i said a T-10 can be BUILT stronger than A833

it was hooked up to our super stock race car at one time work like a charm car was putting out close to 700hp so i know it can handle a small 318 with 300 hp at least just bolting it up it has the same splines as a 833

it was hooked up to our super stock race car at one time work like a charm car was putting out close to 700hp so i know it can handle a small 318 with 300 hp at least just bolting it up it has the same splines as a 833

both of them are strong transmissions...in stock form, id actually go A833 over a T-10...but there is no aftermarket stronger gearsets for 833's like there are for T-10's (atleast not that i know of, or id buy a set)

With the track record the A-833's have over the years, I'm not sure I understand why we NEED these alleged high strength gearsets, and I STILL see no proof from you that a T-10 with some gear or other is any stronger.

Before stuff like Lenco came along, people like Ronnie Sox didn't seem to have much trouble.

There certainly isn't a big huge line at the T-10 store full of racers with helmet and checkbook in hand.

With the track record the A-833's have over the years, I'm not sure I understand why we NEED these alleged high strength gearsets, and I STILL see no proof from you that a T-10 with some gear or other is any stronger.

Before stuff like Lenco came along, people like Ronnie Sox didn't seem to have much trouble.

There certainly isn't a big huge line at the T-10 store full of racers with helmet and checkbook in hand.

what proof are you looking for?:bball:

you just don't get it do you...i said in modified form, a t-10 is stronger...you cant modify an 833 can you???? didnt think so:happy6:

if you really want to know, talk to a fella named Don Pearon, he may be able to PROVE it you

now stop busting my balls please:thumblef:

and one more thing, people like Ronnie Sox didnt have any trouble because those transmissions were coming out after every race for repair/swap/freshen...if you didnt know that, then i really don't need to prove anything to you lol

both of them are strong transmissions...in stock form, id actually go A833 over a T-10...but there is no aftermarket stronger gearsets for 833's like there are for T-10's (atleast not that i know of, or id buy a set)

we just built a Race Only 68 SS dart with a 471 Hemi (700hp/600tq) running low tens with an 833 crash box... it has liberty gears and some other goodies in it/done to it...

i would call passion, thats who we got it thru...

we just built a Race Only 68 SS dart with a 471 Hemi (700hp/600tq) running low tens with an 833 crash box... it has liberty gears and some other goodies in it/done to it...

i would call passion, thats who we got it thru...

As far as I know, Liberty does not make "stronger gearsets" just different ratios. Ive called them and emailed them before trying to get my hands on the purple and red stripe stuff, no luck. All a crash box does is help high rpm shifting, does nothing for strength. I was talking from a strict strength standpoint AFTER modifications

Don't get me wrong, 18 splines and 23 splines are very tough peices, was just stating some info...although mopar guys will always question something that goes against their brand

As far as I know, Liberty does not make "stronger gearsets" just different ratios. Ive called them and emailed them before trying to get my hands on the purple and red stripe stuff, no luck. All a crash box does is help high rpm shifting, does nothing for strength. I was talking from a strict strength standpoint AFTER modifications

Don't get me wrong, 18 splines and 23 splines are very tough peices, was just stating some info...although mopar guys will always question something that goes against their brand

gotcha... just saw liberty on the gears an assumed they were stronger... did have to replace second with a hardened gear lol... first pass it stripped all the teeth off....

gotcha... just saw liberty on the gears an assumed they were stronger... did have to replace second with a hardened gear lol... first pass it stripped all the teeth off....

Yea man, even if he's running small tires in a light weight car, using an adjustable clutch, or spinning alot off the line, chances are that 18 spline is on borrowed time with that monster hemi in front of it lol

must be one fun ride though!:thumblef:

When I come up there at the end of this week, Ill bring a big block bellhousing and we will see. I have my doubts though...

-
Back