Talked to Harold at Spitfire(Headers)

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Harold from Spitfire headers just called me,says he,s got a few pairs of Headers for Early A-bodys(64-66 small block)sitting around.He,s trying to build a new design were 2 pipes go over the steering cloum and was asking for measurements,tried to help as much as possible?I told him he needs to get a front clip and a dummy motor s.b and bb so he can design new headers.If anybody is interested?Give him a call,I believe there $235 plus shipping.Harold,s #1-479-650-9989

Harold called again tonight and said he has two pairs of Headers for Early-A body V8.Said the first 2 guys to call,get them for $175!(per pair)Now that,s a good deal.Also mentioned about making headers for poly motors.

Good F*CKING Luck. Harold OWES me a set since last August (yes 13 months now). I've been patient....stupid actually for waiting so long. I've listened to EVERY excuse - injurys, no stock.....I'm really getting PISSED OFF.

I prepaid for 2 set. I recieved one set ~ 6 months ago, and still waiting on the second set. On close inspection, there are some welding flaws that will need touch-up, I need to weld on collectors, so that isn't worriesome to me.

I just want my 2nd set OR a refund. I've called twice in the last week, no return call. I really hate to go legal...but I think that's getting to be my only option. A few times I've asked for a refund for the second set, and he just tells me I'll have my set in a week or two. He won't refund my money.

If he's got sets lying around...why don't I have mine???

If you know Harold - talk to him. Tell him MIKE from NJ wants his 2nd set or a refund. 13 months is long enough.

Listen: he's a nice enough guy. Never a harsh word. I just want my 2nd set OR a refund. I don't think Im being pushy.

Good F*CKING Luck. Harold OWES me a set since last August (yes 13 months now). I've been patient....stupid actually for waiting so long. I've listened to EVERY excuse - injurys, no stock.....I'm really getting PISSED OFF.

I prepaid for 2 set. I recieved one set ~ 6 months ago, and still waiting on the second set. On close inspection, there are some welding flaws that will need touch-up, I need to weld on collectors, so that isn't worriesome to me.

I just want my 2nd set OR a refund. I've called twice in the last week, no return call. I really hate to go legal...but I think that's getting to be my only option. A few times I've asked for a refund for the second set, and he just tells me I'll have my set in a week or two. He won't refund my money.

If he's got sets lying around...why don't I have mine???

If you know Harold - talk to him. Tell him MIKE from NJ wants his 2nd set or a refund. 13 months is long enough.

Listen: he's a nice enough guy. Never a harsh word. I just want my 2nd set OR a refund. I don't think Im being pushy.

I don't think 13 months is pushy either. I am not near that patient!

Sorry about your misfortune,I ordered mine and had them shipped to Canada.I got them within 3 weeks.Next time he calls,I,ll be sure to mention your name and hope he ships them pronto!I can,t beleive he,s back to his old ways?Very dumb on his part! $$$.

At least I have 1 set. But Damn.....it only takes 9 months to make a baby, but 13 for a header?

If anyone else talks to him....drop my name please...
tell him "mike" the auto shop teacher from NJ! thanks!

ABJ: you're right man.....you warned me!

At least I have 1 set. But Damn.....it only takes 9 months to make a baby, but 13 for a header?

lol.. isn't that the truth. glad i got my set at e-town for $90. brand new never used. :)

Now I see these posts...... I sent a money order for headers after I saw prettyblu's post. That was before labor day....Harold told me he had them boxed up and ready to ship...then call after call he finally calls me back and tells me they'll be shipped out that day and will be dropped off tuesday-that was last tuesday over a week ago....I got an answer on one phone call and he gave me an excuse about his wifes health...guess they were not "boxed up and ready to go". Does anybody know this guy personally....I'm only an hour or so away..I don't take kindly to being put off, lied to, or ripped off.....I'm not going to wait 13 months....

why the hell does anyone send him money?? i warn people in every thread about spitfires to buy them COD yet people still insist on sending him money.

What is crazy is I bought 2 sets a year or so apart. Each time he told me to send him a US money oreder once I got the headers.Which I promtly did each time.He has made them for so many years you would think they would fit alittle better by now. Why he has the exit where he does is beyond me. Next time I'm going stock or TTI.

why the hell does anyone send him money?? i warn people in every thread about spitfires to buy them COD yet people still insist on sending him money.

Who knows? I can't believe people are still prepaying. It's like prepaying a contractor to remodel your house.

I bought mine COD and they were in my hand EXACTLY 2 weeks to the day after I ordered them.

Too bad I haven't gotten around to putting them on the car yet...

I've never seen negative about the spitfires or Harold till now...I guess I should have looked into it a little deeper....I read prettyblu's post and assumed that Harold/spitfire was upstanding and honest if someone was advertising for him here. Yes I should have insisted on cod, but was told that they were the last ones, were being discontinued, and were in stock ready to ship......I guess those will be added to the list of the world's biggest lies....Does anybody know Harold personally or live closer then me(1.5 hrs) I'm nowhere near as patient or cool headed as Joe the shopteacher....There really needs to be a warning posted on this site against doing business with this guy if he continiously rips people off.....all I read was good press praising the spitfires as the best Abody header.....guess thats a lie also...

Sorry to here of the misfortune with Harold,I had no issues.Next time he calls me,I will be letting him know that I,ve posted on here for him and will let him know that the next post won,t be so nice:angry7:I hope you can get this straightened out!

If you're 1.5 hrs away...go there. I certainly would If I were that close.
3 messages to Harold over the last week. None returned.

I've gotten: my welder quit, I'm training a new one. I broke my arm and can't weld myself, so my son is doing the welding for me. Lie after lie after Lie.

I told him just send me my $$ back. Over the past when I said that...he said they shipping tomorrow!! yeah right.

I just called and left him ANOTHER message: basically, send me my $200 back. If you have no cash....then the headers NOW please. I told him I'm looking into legal recourse AND may have friends within driving distance that might be persuaded to stop by and get them for me.

I told him I'm absolutely disgusted and aggravated. I'd be willing to bet he'll never return my calls.

I've never seen negative about the spitfires or Harold till now...I guess I should have looked into it a little deeper.

man i don't know how anyone couldn't have heard the stories by now. the same delivery problems have been posted about for years on just about every mopar board out there. this time around he was offering COD to help clear his name. seems he gets those orders out pretty quick but the guys that send money get screwed.

Just talked to Harold. Actually, again...really nice on the phone. He realizes he's in a bind and behind. He said to give him a week. Then, no more orders for now. He said his mainstay is truck headers, he can knock them out in a less than 1 hr., compared to 4+ for the spitfires.

I told him I'll be patient another week...we'll see what happens.

I don't F#$king believe it....the headers arrived today....... I guess after tons of phone calls , and threats of calling the DA in his county got Harold moving. Upon close inspection I noticed dust on the headers and spiderwebs inside a couple of the tubes. They definitly don't smell like fresh paint....maybe they did get made shortly after I ordered them TWO MONTHS AGO!!!! My block and heads arn't back from the machine shop yet, so I can't say anything about the fit, but I can definitly say that the drama/ anguish of dealing with Harold isn't worth it. Somebody else needs to make a header to fit the early A's, AND keep their word on shipping and production. This whole deal sucked...bad.......

Hell I'm new here and I seen your warnings 1/2 dozen times at least!8)

I just didn't look in the right place. All I heard was positive from people who had them on their cars. Nothing posted in a prominent place about the negative. I saw someones post about them and called the number. Was told they were in stock, boxed up, and ready to ship.....Yes, I'm D.A. for believing it....Just think there needs to be a warning posted, like a sticky at the heading of the exuast forum. Let me be the poster child for suckers....just help everyone else who might get suckered....

I ordered my first set, COD, and had them in a week or two at the most. I didn't need them, so I sold them. I am currently trying to buy another set and Harold told me to give him a couple of weeks, he is updating the design. Hell, I liked the old ones, so either will make me happy. Harold didn't want to take an order, but said he will check and see if he has any "old" style left around. I'll buy a set if anyone wants to part with them. PM me!:-D

I just didn't look in the right place. All I heard was positive from people who had them on their cars. Nothing posted in a prominent place about the negative. I saw someones post about them and called the number. Was told they were in stock, boxed up, and ready to ship.....Yes, I'm D.A. for believing it....Just think there needs to be a warning posted, like a sticky at the heading of the exuast forum. Let me be the poster child for suckers....just help everyone else who might get suckered....

bull **** !!! every post i see about spitfries i tell everyone to order them COD. you just didn't read the posts closely enough.

bull **** !!! every post i see about spitfries i tell everyone to order them COD. you just didn't read the posts closely enough.

I've read a lot of those post and you(abody joe) never fail to warn people about them.So bullsh*t X2.

well i hate to be the guy saying good things but i paid when i got a tracking number from him that checked out.. had them less than 2 weeks after i initially contacted him.

-
Back