Tanks Inc-who's using it for non fuel injection and a few other questions

-

SLOPAR72

Reaction score
Looking any new feedback from owners who have recently installed one. How did it fit and I am curious as to how accurate the fuel gauge can be made. I may put fuel injection on the car at some point but for now it will stay as carburetion. I have lines and some of the wiring already in place.

Also, who is a Board Member who is a vendor that sells the units if anyone knows that off hand.

Thanks,
JW

I installed it in a 71 cuda with 472 hemi and 2 four barrels and then converted to fitech f.i.. With the carbs I ran a fuel pressure regulator to keep pressure at 6 psi.. Also ran a return line and had no problems at all. The gauge is pretty accurate but it seems to move gauge a lot more than oem float. Up & down hills is when I notice gauge moving more than with OEM float. Not a big problem though, settles down on level road.

Put mine in early last spring. Perfect fit, flawless performance so far. Very quiet. Gauge is dead on the money. I did buy their whole set up. Tank, pump, and sender. Ordered it from Summit. Best price at that time.

Put mine in early last spring. Perfect fit, flawless performance so far. Very quiet. Gauge is dead on the money. I did buy their whole set up. Tank, pump, and sender. Ordered it from Summit. Best price at that time.

Thanks for the reply. I have mine at the house and will put it in within a few weeks..... This is what I wanted to do before setting the car up with EFI. Things seem to go better for me when I take steps doing something lol....

JW

Yes I have the whole Tanks Inc setup in my '69 Dart. Real nice powder coated tank, and high quality, quiet, Walbro pump. I ran new lines to and from an Aeromotive bypass regulator and my 780 Holley. No more vapor lock, or endless cranking to get fuel into the carburetor! Only problem was that the fuel gauge sender was junk. I pulled the tank again and installed a linear sender from Classic Instruments (p/n SN39T8 for 8" deep tank). It's slightly better than the Tanks Inc one, but still not too accurate.

Yes I have the whole Tanks Inc setup in my '69 Dart. Real nice powder coated tank, and high quality, quiet, Walbro pump. I ran new lines to and from an Aeromotive bypass regulator and my 780 Holley. No more vapor lock, or endless cranking to get fuel into the carburetor! Only problem was that the fuel gauge sender was junk. I pulled the tank again and installed a linear sender from Classic Instruments (p/n SN39T8 for 8" deep tank). It's slightly better than the Tanks Inc one, but still not too accurate.
Which regulator did you use and what are you using for a filter?

I plan to run a 69 Mustang tank from Tanks inc. eventually.

@Johnny Pace also sells some tanks I believe but I think he sells Aeromotive tanks
I only sell aeromotive because the sending units are anodized aluminum. The tanks tank itself is ok, in fact most of the aeromotive setups use them. But I wouldn't run a yellow zinc fuel sending unit with pipe fitting on it on my lawn mower. Aeromotive head units are beyond superior.

Which regulator did you use and what are you using for a filter?
2 filters, the sock on the fuel pump, and a generic Summit Racing billet aluminum right before the carb. I am using an Aeromotive p/n 13301 bypass regulator. The regulator can be set up for high or low pressure (EFI or carb.).

If I recall, you have to set up the sending unit individually for each tank. I followed the instructions and mine has been accurate as hell. .....maybe I just got lucky. I do remember the guy telling me the set up was pretty important.

If I recall, you have to set up the sending unit individually for each tank. I followed the instructions and mine has been accurate as hell. .....maybe I just got lucky. I do remember the guy telling me the set up was pretty important.
Of course I followed the instructions. The one supplied by Tanks Inc was extremely inaccurate, The one from Classic is just very inaccurate.

Thanks for all the info guys. What has everyone done in regards to a relay? I would prefer to have a pump primer and then on mode via electrical signal from spark or something along that line...

Thanks,
JW

Thanks for all the info guys. What has everyone done in regards to a relay? I would prefer to have a pump primer and then on mode via electrical signal from spark or something along that line...

Thanks,
JW
If you're running a carb, I'm not so sure you would need a "primer" mode. You should have fuel in the carb or it will fill when you turn the vehicle on. You can wire in a relay to the ignition circuit. I wouldn't wire into the accessory side of the ignition switch.

-
Back