TBI Fuel Injection

-
So according to YOU based on "twenty years ago" this is not a hot idea. Bullshit.

the Holley sniper stuff has a good following.

OP if you want cheap DIY wander over to "Binder Planet" which is a bunch of IHC (truck and Scout) guys who adapt old GM stuff to non EFI engines

"START HERE"--Fuel Injection FAQ--"START HERE"

Dan might be "surprised" to learn that Holley, just like any other tech bullshit including 8088 computers or anything else back then, has come a hell of a long way. The Sniper has a good following, and Holley makes a BUNCH of EFI stuff besides that. Biggest problem I have with the Holley HP/ Dominator computers is that they are not fixable. They are sealed in something resembling JB weld. This is not to say that most others ARE or that anybody WILL
I'm not looking for cheap. I'm looking for reliability. Thanks

You cant get much more reliable than OEM. FYI, DIY is a PIA IIRC. YMMV

theres a facebook page for fitech as there customer service couldnt keep up with so many units sold so quickly! and lots of info on them here to! i like them but still over budget when you add up every thing needed!

[QUOTE="pishta, post: 1972002756, member:
The injector wire loom is a hollow putter shaft. FORE! [/QUOTE]

Now you can walk around saying "My engine is Pinging" with a smile on your face.

Sorry man....

[QUOTE="pishta, post: 1972002756, member:
The injector wire loom is a hollow putter shaft. FORE!

Now you can walk around saying "My engine is Pinging" with a smile on your face.

Sorry man....[/QUOTE]
OH BROTHER !! LOL GOOD ONE .

Lets just hope I dont get my first "Hole in One" with this turbo motor.

Lets just hope I dont get my first "Hole in One" with this turbo motor.

According to AJ and ReplicaRacer, that's par for the course.

Hey if you hole the motor, can I buy your Pishta pipe? Because you'll more than likely be replacing the slanty with a 440.

Hey if you hole the motor, can I buy your Pishta pipe? Because you'll more than likely be replacing the slanty with a 440.
Sure, but I went from a 451 to this....

Hang on;
the 225 slanty stroke is 4.125
the rod is 6.7 inches long
the factory piston was 465gms
It was never designed to be a revver.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to imagine what will happen if you try and make it one.
I didn't say 225s blow up all the time. I think I said something like I didn't have the best of luck with mine, having holed two of my blocks.The fact is, in my stable, those are the only engines that ever broke a rod or holed a piston.
And all my V8s make better mileage than any of my slantys ever did.......except for this pos 276/286/110cammed HO367.
But common,it makes 4 times the power, and
the OEM slanty cam is a 240/236/111, the intake closes at 50* ABDC, so one would expect some serious mileage.

Oh and BTW, my 1980 Volare has rolled the odo over at least 3 times maybe 4,since it's Hi-Compression rebuild in 1994. I'm guessing 250,000 plus miles, and never been opened. So, I'll give it that. But I doubt it's ever been close to 4000 rpm; I learned my lesson.

It's a smallish turbo and a short gear rear so I don't imagine anything past 5000 rpm. It's all about torque with a 2.93 rear. Flat out the 2.93 rear should hit 125 before 5000 rpm. Ha, in a slant.....if it has the beans to back it up

Last edited:
$480? I dont see pricing, but one of the dealers had an EFI system for 480, could have been a stock ECU. Thats nice that its self tuning.

Does anyone know anything about Hemi Performance in Australia? They have a two barrel intake manifold. They also have a 1 barrel manifold they convert to a 2 barrel. If FiTech has a two barrel TBI, I would be interested. Or, should I get a super six manifold, or an Offy with a 2 barrel adapter?

-
Back