TBI intake manifold with carburetor

-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Random thought. I have a 318 TBI intake sitting here and was wondering of mouting a larger 2bbl to it. I can use a 383 carb that I have by drilling new studs in it, or I could use a 2bbl adaptor plate and mount a 500 cfm holley to it. Do you think it would work for a D.D, ramcharger for a mild upgrade over lean burn carb?

Not particularly sure that manifold is an upgrade to anything LOL. You have dual exhaust? I'd lean "more" towards a 360 LA 2bbl or even spread bore. They show up around here on CL "all the time." Hell I even have 2 or 3, but the shipping is murder!!!

So far as "using it if you have it" I'm sure it will work.

My thought was since I already have the parts, to use them. The current LB carb has no provision for vacuum advance, so I'm sure that I am losing fuel milage w/o it. I could purchase another carb for the 318 that has the ported vacuum advance in the carb. Like I said, random thought I just came up with.
Thanks!

My thought was since I already have the parts, to use them. The current LB carb has no provision for vacuum advance, so I'm sure that I am losing fuel milage w/o it. I could purchase another carb for the 318 that has the ported vacuum advance in the carb. Like I said, random thought I just came up with.
Thanks!
You could drill just above the throttle plate and add a nipple for ported vacuum.

fuel dropout/ seperation and cyc/cyl variation are the only problems I've heard of
I would not want to try it in Michigan in the winter :)
Florida- sure
Delaware let's see

20180825_125930.jpg
this is the intake i am talking about. Not a kegger, cast iron. Upon looking ar it again, probably not worth the work or effort.

TBI is the same as carb, atomization at the top of the intake. suspension drop out, pooling, cold intake...etc all still a factor. TBI was a band aid for tight emissions before TPFI came about and I dont know why they didnt just go to that as it was in use by 75 by many.

4bbl manifold and q jet
small primaries for economy, big secondaries just take the time to learn to tune it
find a combo complete and grab the linkage

4bbl manifold and q jet
small primaries for economy, big secondaries just take the time to learn to tune it
find a combo complete and grab the linkage
Use a TQ and 4bbl and keep it Mopar, would solve linkage issues.

-
Back