TCI or Turbo Action 3000 stall converter??

-

hardcore5657

Reaction score
I can't decide between a tci or a turbo action with 3000 stall. The turbo action is a 10 inch. Which one??

Turbo action,still us made as far as I know.TCI quality died 15 years ago.

I got the TCI cause it was in stock at the time. My unit was made 4 / 2010, it feels great. At 800 rpm stop it still creeps up and needs the brake to not move yet its there when needed.

I really happy with it. Feels tighter then the break away converter I had in the 90's yet has more stall speed.

My trans guy feels TCI makes a good converter for the money and he builds many trans...now TCI transmissions might be another story

Neither, put a Dynamic 9.5 convertor in it. This will be money well spent.

Neither, put a Dynamic 9.5 convertor in it. This will be money well spent.

mike: who handles dynamic con. around here?
I`m just west of claremore (geman corner) will be in the market for one sometime this yr.

505" fish
street car

thanks,bob

What are you wanting out of it? It dependes on what you are doing with it. I would call turbo action and get the one for your motor and what your needs are. I was told by many to run a turbo action 3200 and it would stall me about 2800 and it wouldn't at all. It was more like 1500 on a good day. So I called another builder and they said it was doing its job but wasn't big enough for what I wanted. I am gona be running a 4200 in my street car so it will stall bout 3000.

Both of them are about as ghey as can be. I wouldn't run either one in a chebbie. As said already, neither is high quality. They are high marketing.

If those are the only choices I would go with the turbo action. But if you need an alternative that wont break the bank call PTC, 256-383-6868. They will take info about your car and drivetrain over the phone and build you a converter to work with your combo for about the same as you would pay for those.

turbo action........and never have to worry about a converter again...

If those are the only choices I would go with the turbo action. But if you need an alternative that wont break the bank call PTC, 256-383-6868. They will take info about your car and drivetrain over the phone and build you a converter to work with your combo for about the same as you would pay for those.

I agree I should have put their number on my post. I called them and them told me why the turbo action wouldn't work which my combo. PTC is where I'm going.

Turbo Action, if u have to choose one of these........but Dynamic is better for the all around 904/727 trans beating...................

-
Back