tell me what kind of carburetor should I buy

-

DRENO

Reaction score
I have a loaner on my engine now so I am looking for a nice 750 DP. Any suggestions and where to get it?

Sounds like your mind is already made up. Depends on your engine, cam, valves, intake, what you want to do with the car. For street driving plus performance, the "spread-bore" Thermoquad and Quadrajet are considered the best factory carbs ever made.

I am using a holley street avenger 770 vacume secs andam very happy with it. Summit or Jegs.

Sounds like your mind is already made up. Depends on your engine, cam, valves, intake, what you want to do with the car. For street driving plus performance, the "spread-bore" Thermoquad and Quadrajet are considered the best factory carbs ever made.

I have a 340 with an Edelbrock performer RPM intake and a mild cam. Don't really know the specs on it or the valves.

Are you looking to buy new Dave? With a manual choke, the Mdl 4779 is still a good regulation performance DP carb. Being in Canada, if you want a electric choke, you'll have to go with the Ultra series. Neither one is cheap new though.

Are you looking to buy new Dave? With a manual choke, the Mdl 4779 is still a good regulation performance DP carb. Being in Canada, if you want a electric choke, you'll have to go with the Ultra series. Neither one is cheap new though.

I was looking to buy new.I really have no idea so I thought I would run it by the members. I would like to be able to get away for no more than $600 .

I assumed the loaner was a Holley DP that you were happy with. If not there are a few other options.

I guy in Winnipeg with a 360 Duster that I know put on a AED carb and it works great, I think Sandale sells them.

I'm a fan of Quick Fuel. They're reasonably priced, and have more adjustability than a standard Holley DP.

It's what I'm running on my 390, and I love it.

Loaded question with not much to go on. Try listing as must as you know about the engine, intended use, gearing, converter.

I have a Holley 3310 750 cfm vacuum secondary for sale. Just rebuilt it ~September. Interested?

Feel free to PM me. Worked fine, but I have a four-speed and wanted mechanical secondaries.

Dave, I've got a Holley 750 DP, I took it apart and cleaned it up, however the gasket kit I put in it wasn't Holley brand, so the rear bowl leaks. If you want it you can have it for $100, it's the newer style with the plastic pieces. I'm in BC so shipping would be cheap.
You just need to take the bowls off and use Holley gaskets.

Sorry everyone the search for a distributor is off for now I am looking for a new exhust system . Sorry for wasting your time. :eek:ops:

-
Back