Tell me why I should or should not switch to fuel injection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuel injection or no fuel injection

• Go Fuel injection

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Stay with carb

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters
-
All the guys commenting about justifying the cost.. the first time I came back from a trip forward, and my car had sat 4months in the cold/heat of a self storage unit, and I just BUMPED the key and my 418 instantly lit up, idled perfectly(as perfectly as she can with the current cam) and I could instantly drive away, every penny was justified.
EFI is no different than having retro-A/C, or having a modern stereo, or modern suspension, etc.
You are always going to get big grins and a thumbs up.
You are always going to get scowls and the middle finger.

In the end, do whatever will make you excited to drive YOUR car, and make yourself happy, because there will always be someone that will hate you for it :)

But I tell you what, pilgrim; I'd be willing to give a big fat modern TBI a go,lol. They are impervious to being stuffed into corners, jumping, and running while on two wheels, or even upside down, backwards, and sliding on the roof at 100 mph, while on fire......or something like that,lol

Nothing at all wrong with TBI. I'm sure the "bad rap" came from back in the day when computers "aren't what" they are now.

I haven't started my car in a month or so. She's sitting outside. I bet I can hop in push the pedal once and she will fire right up, idle like I pulled two plug wires off and run like a striped *** ape with his balls on fire....

Now if I wanted MPG yeah EFI all day but I'm perfectly happy at 5 or 6 MPG. I didn't built a race car for MPG....

:)

All the guys commenting about justifying the cost.. the first time I came back from a trip forward, and my car had sat 4months in the cold/heat of a self storage unit, and I just BUMPED the key and my 418 instantly lit up, idled perfectly(as perfectly as she can with the current cam) and I could instantly drive away, every penny was justified.
EFI is no different than having retro-A/C, or having a modern stereo, or modern suspension, etc.
You are always going to get big grins and a thumbs up.
You are always going to get scowls and the middle finger.

In the end, do whatever will make you excited to drive YOUR car, and make yourself happy, because there will always be someone that will hate you for it :)

I already posted this, but the cam I`m installing for the efi is only going to cost me 6 h.p., but will gain 4 ft pounds. of torque. I am updating a few things that I`ve been putting off, getting one spark plug hole threads cleaned up, taking the nasty deteriorating header wrap off and getting my tti`s coated. I have been putting this off since I put them on. I bought them used, repaired a couple of smashed tubes, and wrapped them till I saw that they would work for sure. Been putting it off for about 6-7 yrs. I did find a header to pipe leak , will address that to-----------------------
Win all the way around. My head man/lifelong friend/18 time national record holder, ran the engine cam change in his computer, said 761 before the cam change .
No little carbs here !
I can go out and peddle mine once( do to still needing to up the starting mixture) and it will fire right up w/ all those horses, whats not to like about it.
AJ, once agsain some of ur comments are out in left field---and certainly aren`t backed up by my experiances.
I am not trying to talk anyone into anything, just saw a bunch of bullsh--, that wasn`t right posted in these thread.------To each his own
No , I`m not an expert efi guru!

I haven't started my car in a month or so. She's sitting outside. I bet I can hop in push the pedal once and she will fire right up, idle like I pulled two plug wires off and run like a striped *** ape with his balls on fire....

Now if I wanted MPG yeah EFI all day but I'm perfectly happy at 5 or 6 MPG. I didn't built a race car for MPG....

:)
And performance engines don't get good mileage. Injected or not. Your choice. I have noticed some have issues getting everything to work with a big cam but that is with carbs or injection.

-
Back