Temperature Sensor

-

Money Pit

Reaction score
I bought an Autometer temperature gauge. I tried to install the new temperature sensor but it's larger than the old sensor. Is there another location I can install it without major modifications? Or there adaptors I can use in the present location? The engine is a 1970. The old sensor is near the thermostat housing. Thanks

there are adapters available male npt to female npt. Itll look a little 'out there' but it should work. Halfway back on driver side of early 3 plug blocks there is a undrilled boss that can be drilled and tapped into the water jacket.
mopp_0602_07z-chrysler_engine-slant_six_block.jpg

Last edited:
What motor what intake? I ran into this w my new airgap intake. Had to move it works great now

Money Pit are you talking about electrical or mechanical gauge?

For the mechanical gauge, a separate piece is required to interface the gauge to the block. These adapters come in various sizes, I think the smallest is 3/8 US pipe which is about 5/8 OD

For electrical gauges, you might wander around and see if Autometer makes a smaller sender. Also these are a thermistor, so you might be able to find one the same range with smaller thread

Money Pit are you talking about electrical or mechanical gauge?

For the mechanical gauge, a separate piece is required to interface the gauge to the block. These adapters come in various sizes, I think the smallest is 3/8 US pipe which is about 5/8 OD

For electrical gauges, you might wander around and see if Autometer makes a smaller sender. Also these are a thermistor, so you might be able to find one the same range with smaller thread

It's an electrical gauge. I was going to try the stock sending unit. There are adaptors the fit into the top rad hose but I don't think it will fit since the top hose is pretty short. Thanks

well, you could thread a freeze plug and then tap it in if you dont want to drill the block. nothing to lose 'cept a freeze plug

-
Back