Texas toy box

-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Does anyone here live near the Texas Toy Box?My Fathers buddy is going to buy a 68 Coronet R/T from there for 40K.I think he is making a mistake by not driving down and look at the car for himself, or atleast have someone else look at it.I looked at a 71 GTX at the Mopar Nats 3 years ago for 22K,I thought it was about a 15K car.I saw later on Texas Toy Box bought it and had it for sale for 36K.Anyone here live near by or ever dealt with the Toy Box?

Thanks,Jim

The internet is a good tool he might want to search for feedback.

I heard some crazy stuff,but mainly overpriced...
BBB listed them at A+ but they do have complaints against them.
Just wondering why they do not list their own lot address on their website.
Had to Google it to find it is in Hutto,TX.Just north of me ...63 miles.
TXDart

I used to watch there website when I lived texas, but never heard anything good about restorations. Google search, and you'll find some nightmare stories.

I've been there before. I live about an hour away, yes they are pretty over priced. I saw some nice cars, but if I had time I wouldn't mind driving to see it for you. I seem to recall some members in the local mopar club saying they kinda halfass some stuff on the cars, ya know fix them up to look nice but not the right way.

He got the car six weeks ago.Its a decent car but needs alot of bugs worked out of it.He paid 38K for it and I would say its a 25K car.No he gets a call today and a woman asks about the car and tells him its a STOLEN car!I do know the details yet but he has had the car two weeks and still doesn't have a titlle for the car.

Jim

i could never figure why some of us buy from dealers.
the price is always 5-10-15-20k over.

Do not buy from Texas toy box. Know two people that bought from them and received perfumed pigs for way too much money. You will find way better deals on better cars through private owners.

I know several people who have had negative run ins with the folks at Texas Toy Box. One of thier 'scouts' decided to jump a friends 10 foot tall tin fence to " see what was in there". The dumbass couldn't get back out and was caught on the property by the owner and his .44 Mag. He is lucky to have survived.

Come to think about it, I have NEVER heard anyone say anything Positive about them. Buyer beware.

I hope they are able to get this sorted out. I hate to hear of anyone in the Mopar hobby getting screwed.

I have a feeling the car is part of a estate or divorce and that is the title issue.He did get the title a few weeks after he bought it but there was suppose to be 2 signatures on it and they were not.So he sent the title back to Texas Toy box and they were suppose to send him a good title.Now a woman who said she worked for the Texas State drivers facility said it was a stolen car.She would not give her name and there was no name on the caller ID.I think she lied about who she was.If anyone would of called it would have been the State police or the DA.

I've been to the TTB quite a few times. Went with a friend that went to buy a 66 Satellite. They wanted 24k for a 18k car but about time we was done pointing out all of the f#$@ up's he left with it for 16k. Some dude named Kyle there "kindly" asked us not to come back while we were loading the car on my trailer.

Well they say everything's bigger in Texas. I guess that goes for crooks, too.

Sounds like hubby tried to sell off some assets without the ex approval.. This can't turn out pretty. Hopefully a resolution won't take months or years

Grant

I have a feeling the car is part of a estate or divorce and that is the title issue.He did get the title a few weeks after he bought it but there was suppose to be 2 signatures on it and they were not.So he sent the title back to Texas Toy box and they were suppose to send him a good title.Now a woman who said she worked for the Texas State drivers facility said it was a stolen car.She would not give her name and there was no name on the caller ID.I think she lied about who she was.If anyone would of called it would have been the State police or the DA.

Never heard of a tx. state driver facility. We have dmv like everywhere else. If toybox applied thru broadway title the tax assessors office would be the one to catch it.

I live pretty closer to them and have looked at their stuff before. Lots of champagne prices for Beer quality cars. All things considered, better quality can be found for better prices elsewhere...

He finally got the title for the car last week.Texas Toy box told him He could drive the car home if he want to,the car was in good running order and needed nothing.He ended up spending right $1200.00 to get the car in "good running order".Here were a few of the issues he had to take care of.

1....All the lug nut on all the wheels were loose.My 5 year old Nephew broke them loose.
2...Loose brake line near the rear end.
3...Both doors did not shut rightand needed readjusted.
4...Choke did not work because half of it was missing.
5...New seat covers but homemade seat buns for the bucket seats so the front covers do not fit right.Still needs to spend the mopney to have this fixed.
6...Old nasty seat belts with the new interior.
7...Dash light did not work
8...Car overheating sometimes running 210-250
9...Bad water pump
10..Bent lower pulley.
11..Fan blade too close to the radiator
12..No jack in the trunk,Texas Toy boxs claims someone must have stolen it.
13..Texas Toy box put the correct exhaust tips on before they shipped the car.But then didn't use the correct hangers,so they cut and welded on the brand new tips and ruined them.
14..A few of the seat belt holes in the floor were stripped out.
15..No battery hold down
16..Promised a build sheet but then they clamed it must have got lost.
17..Promised a title with in 10 days of purchase,it took 3 months.
18.. Trunk lid popped when it shut,needed readjusted.
19.. Hood adjustment screw broken.

This is just of the top of my head .I know there were a few more thing wrong with the car.
Jim

Does anyone remember where this shop was located? I stopped in this place when about 13-14yrs ago when a buddy and I went cruising all over TX. I swore that it was in La Grange, but I am working in that area now and I cannot find it where it was. I remember that it was in an old brick building right off of a highway. Not interested in buying anything from them even if they were still open, just thought it would be neat to revisit old areas we cruised when we were younger.

Never heard of these guys, and i have lived here in Texas 21 years. Sounds like a cross between the knuckle draggers from *** monkey garage, and some straight up effin crooks.

Theres an old saying, if you want something done right, then you gotta do it yourself.

Does anyone remember where this shop was located? I stopped in this place when about 13-14yrs ago when a buddy and I went cruising all over TX. I swore that it was in La Grange, but I am working in that area now and I cannot find it where it was. I remember that it was in an old brick building right off of a highway. Not interested in buying anything from them even if they were still open, just thought it would be neat to revisit old areas we cruised when we were younger.
105 S Commerce St
Granger, TX 76530

-
Back