Thank You...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
While back I had a thread about dropping a chainsaw on my leg......
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=295929
....few folks suggested I get some chaps....I owe these folks a round of Thanks...

The chaps saved me from a trip to the ER on Wednesday. Once again I dropped the chainsaw on my leg...except this time it was above idle so the chain was spinning. Chaps did there job.

Glad you are ok this time. Yes you should have cut protection while using a chainsaw, a twig can make one move unexpectedly if you are not careful!
My brother did that also, but he was wearing "firehose" pants from Deluth trading. He said he only got some bruising and the pants are still wearable! that's impressive!

Be careful Doug, even with chaps you can get hurt...

Glad you're ok...

maybe the saw has the "brake"? adjust idle?

I admit to getting careless, put a few small rips in jeans, coveralls, fortuneately never hit skin! chaps ate good but plenty other ways to cut off stuff! ha.. but no not funny!!!!!

Brake works....just didn't trip it. Saw wasn't at idle. This saw needs to be hooked up to a computer to make any adjustments. Talked to a shop in town that sells/repairs this particular model of Husky...saI'd that once you take the saw outside of the factory parameters it becomes balky at best.
If you dont read the book on how to start it you will be out of luck. When it's warmed up if you don't follow the starting process on the first pull you have a 50-50 chance on the second pull. Doesn't start then 2 choices....use another saw or contort yourself pinning it on the ground, hold the throttle wide open and pull the rope like a psycho...
First time I dropped it on myself it was completely my fault. I normally rest it on my leg while I am figuring out what to cut next. I simply had the saw at the wrong angle with my leg. This time I misjudged the distance between what I was cutting and my leg.
I have never been one to let a "close call" stop me from doing something....especially something I enjoy. If I did I would never have covered 300k miles on motorcycles.

-
Back