thanks to all you mopar wizards, i finally got me dream car!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
if you have read my posts, i WAS in the market for a cheap car. so i was looking for a 70-73 340 car, no matter the condition. i was looking at a 73 340 duster that was numbers matching. guy wanted 3,000 for it, but alot of you said it was high. so i decided not to get it.
few nights ago, i was looking through the cars on here for sale, and i found a real 340 4 speed duster. it is originally lemon twist yellow, but i am THINKING about doing it ev2 hemi orange. it runs and all.
i just wanted to say thanks to the guys that repled to my thread, and helped me see that there are still deals out there! even though i did not want to hear that the car i was going to buy was priced too high.
i can not wait to start a restoration thread on here. oh, by the way, i bought the 70 340-4-speed on here that was out of nebraska. it is a hefty shipping charge, but hey, thats life

Saw you grabbed it. Excellent start, and a true 340 4gear to boot. Good score, I am sure you will enjoy this one.

Its not like yellow is so bad you know :)

Grant

yea, you are right. the yellow is not bad, but i had a 70 340-4-speed that was originally the tor-red, and a few months after redoing the car, i lost control and hit a 8 inch high divider in the road, it ripped out the entire passenger side k-frame, and after i landed from being airborne, the entire car sideswiped a yeild sign. i reluctantly sold it on ebay, but have been drooling for one since.
my wifey keeps telling me to just buy a 318 car and rebuild the engine, but i know that if i ever had to sell it to survive, the only car i could at LEAST come out ahead on is a 340 car. plus, i am looking for a nice winter project, even though it will be done by about spring time . lol

also, i am hard-headed. a few guys told me a few days ago on here that i COULD buy a 34-4 speed car for about +/-3,000, and i was like, no way in this lifetime.............sure enough i see one in the sale section from january 13th, but figurd that it was long gone..............and wow, it is now mine in a short time.
so to all the guys that i thought you were crazy............ sorry lol

Good score! I`ve always loved the 70 Dusters, especially the 340/4spd. models!

well, i was moments from buying a 34 auto 73 duster, but i was going to kill the value, because i wanted 70-71 style, so i was going to put a 71 frontend on it and cut the tailpanel out for the earlier style. and i had to have a 4-speed. so i was going to pay 3,000 for the car, and then another 1500-2000 to do the swap, before any bodywork. this way, i get a 70 year that i was looking for, and it is already a 4-speed car. FACTORY 4-SPEED AT THAT

if you have read my posts, i WAS in the market for a cheap car. so i was looking for a 70-73 340 car, no matter the condition. i was looking at a 73 340 duster that was numbers matching. guy wanted 3,000 for it, but alot of you said it was high. so i decided not to get it.
few nights ago, i was looking through the cars on here for sale, and i found a real 340 4 speed duster. it is originally lemon twist yellow, but i am THINKING about doing it ev2 hemi orange. it runs and all.
i just wanted to say thanks to the guys that repled to my thread, and helped me see that there are still deals out there! even though i did not want to hear that the car i was going to buy was priced too high.
i can not wait to start a restoration thread on here. oh, by the way, i bought the 70 340-4-speed on here that was out of nebraska. it is a hefty shipping charge, but hey, thats life

Congrats on your find here on FABO. Keep us all up to date on your progress of your resto.

yea, i feel like a kid in a candy store. lol

very very nice congrats great score too!

Congrats!!! If you want EV2 -Tor Red Then I say go for it. I have a lemon twist 70 340 4spd That I bought 6 years ago because I orginally had one that I bought new. It has brought back some great memories and every time I'm in it I feel young again.
Howard

Congrats as well! That Duster looked like a good buy. Late build car to boot. Welcome to FY1 70 Duster 340-4 spd owners club.:toothy10: I own one as well.

I looked at that one,not in person but the Ad. I wanted it,and if I lived closer it would have been mine! It would have made a good twin to mine!! Keep it yellow!!! Good score,Pictures please when you get it home!! Craig..

P1010240.jpg

I looked at that one,not in person but the Ad. I wanted it,and if I lived closer it would have been mine! It would have made a good twin to mine!! Keep it yellow!!! Good score,Pictures please when you get it home!! Craig..

i'll tell you what. i absolutly hated the yellow, and love the ev2, but after you just posted that picture of your car, i have now decided to keep the car factory, and i will be redoing it the lemon twist.
thank you so much for posting that pic. lol

Not a Problem! Mine is a Factory Lemon Twist Yellow 1970 340 4 speed. The guy I bought it from already had the 71 stripe on it. I like this stripe better,and with a bunch of parts I also got a shark tooth grille. So I installed it. It looks like a 71,but it is a true 70.. Back in 1987-88 I had a 71 340 Duster that was hemi orange. I now just love my Yellow Machine!! Glad to hear you are keeping it yellow! Please keep us updated. Tell us more about your ride when you get it!! Craig

I had a lemon twist/black challenger years ago, it turned a lot of heads! I forgot how sweet that combo looked until craig posted the one above, very nice! good luck on your new find 340plot!

Personally, i would keep it lemon twist. It's going to be a great car though no matter what color you decide on!
Good choice on being patient and getting the car/year you wanted. You will never regret it. :cheers:

I'm kinda partial to the Lemon Twist/Black combo....I wonder why?

-
Back