That rotating engine stand I told you guys about is on sale.

-
Same legs. The legs are where the picker and the stand interfere with each other.

Your engine crane looks like the one I had years ago. I sold it and bought one with the fold up legs and extendable boom. I like it so much another one came up so cheap I grabbed it for my house garage. I lift the metal frontend off my duster for maintenance and I can do it by myself but I just bought an electric hoist for 100.00 from Harbor freight to mount on my ceiling. It that an option for you?

I have one that has not been taken out of the box. I think it's going to get returned this weekend. I don't want to put this thing together and end up in a fight to mount a motor.... Glad this thread came up....

JW

Take an regular one with an old flywheel, weld to tube on engine stand adapter, cut starter gear off, weld handle to gear, make mount to attached handle to do that the gear connects to the flywheel, crank handle to rotate engine

Hey if it works go for it. I’m good with two store bought ones. Please be safe.

Hey if it works go for it. I’m good with two store bought ones. Please be safe.
Keep in mind, I kept all the safeties in place for that very reason. It the flywheel gear handle works great. I did add a guard to keep fingers out of the gears eventually

Take an regular one with an old flywheel, weld to tube on engine stand adapter, cut starter gear off, weld handle to gear, make mount to attached handle to do that the gear connects to the flywheel, crank handle to rotate engine
I like that idea, but in the time I’d spend doing that, I’d lose money on the other jobs I could be completing.

Your engine crane looks like the one I had years ago. I sold it and bought one with the fold up legs and extendable boom. I like it so much another one came up so cheap I grabbed it for my house garage. I lift the metal frontend off my duster for maintenance and I can do it by myself but I just bought an electric hoist for 100.00 from Harbor freight to mount on my ceiling. It that an option for you?
My crane does have fold up legs and extendable boom. :shruggy: You can't see the boom but you can see the legs.

Can't use a ceiling mounted hoist - wood trusses.

-
Back