That stunk!!!!

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Thanks to the drain field for our septic being uphill from the tank we have a pressure dosing system. It consists of a 2 chamber septic tank which feeds a second tank with a pump that is on a controller to dose the drain field. At 2:15 last night the alarm went off. Got up and reset it, 20 minutes later it was screaming again. Turned the power off. First thing this morning turned the power back back on and it started screaming. Hit the silence button and came in and called the fellow that installed it all a few years back. Todd told me to take a lid off the second tank to make sure it was not fill. He asked me when the last time I had cleaned the filter from the septic tank....did not know it had one. Told me where it was located....under the second lid of the septic tank. Just got done pulling the lid and cleaning it.....it sure did stink...and septic pumper to the list of jobs I would never want....And of course the alarm has shut itself off....

Had the float fail on mine and had to pull the pump, a SH*tty job but beat paying someone to come do what I could do myself.

The septic tank should get pumped out ever few years to remove the solids from the top.

And depending on what all you put in it. I don't put much thru the garbage disposal and make sure only septic tank acceptable material goes in the system.

Yeah it STINKS but to the honey dippers it smells like MONEY

I have a friend that pumps septics for a living. I couldnt tell you how many times he has had to actually get into a tank that was partially full to do something. Just a nasty job!!!!

Had the float fail on mine and had to pull the pump, a SH*tty job but beat paying someone to come do what I could do myself.

The septic tank should get pumped out ever few years to remove the solids from the top.

And depending on what all you put in it. I don't put much thru the garbage disposal and make sure only septic tank acceptable material goes in the system.

Yeah it STINKS but to the honey dippers it smells like MONEY

Todd checked it all out and seen nothing wrong with it. I asked him about the possibility of it having a sinking float...said maybe so. If it goes of again he wants me to check the fluid level in the pump chamber. He had some incite about my future plans....he suggested just using the existing system and using a grinder to pump it from the house to the existing system. Where the house is going to go is slightly above the tank but in front of where the house is going to go is a gradual slope. Hmmmm....

And we are getting close to needing a pumping. We got lucky today as Todd was in our our 'hood working on another parcel, he spent close to 2 hours talking to me....and did not ask for a dime. He educated me on several things.....

When I was a kid we had a septic but the city demanded my folks to get hooked up to the newly installed sewer system. When the poopoo pumping guy was kneeling down next to an open riser Mickey, our Collie we had, came running up and jumped on the guy from behind...head first into the crapper tank...

.....OHHH THE SMELL OF.......................................... MONEY!!!!!!!!

The life of a sewage "plumber". and then to wonder WHY her lives in a million dollar home!

First thing i learned in the Military...is that **** runs down hill....and that is even true in civilian life.

First thing i learned in the Military...is that **** runs down hill....and that is even true in civilian life.

LOL.......Plumbers only know 2 things....**** runs down hill, and Friday is Pay-day.

Ink...it proves to those who say you are full of $$it that they are wrong! LOL I just had to be the first to say it.

In the Military, Payday is the day the " EAGLE ***** "

my dad was a welder and at our home shop one of his best customers was a septic pumping company..I will never forget the vocabulary coming from his mouth as he laid under them trucks welding..he always needed a stiff cocktail after them jobs...thanks for the memories

Just got done pulling the lid and cleaning it.....it sure did stink...and septic pumper to the list of jobs I would never want....And of course the alarm has shut itself off....

It's a $hitty job but someone has to do it. lol

-
Back