That v8 sound.

-

T67POWER

Reaction score
I really enjoy driving my car late at night on the highway because of the open road ahead of me, and with no traffic, it's just me and my ride.
On my way home tonight, with the engine sounding so smooth, and the cool air keeping the temps down below what you would normally see in the heat of the day, i proceeded to give the engine more rpm.

I then smiled at the sound of a well tuned v8. 8-[
I swear, the more gas,the more the smile on my head increased.:-D
When doing this late at night, you can hear your engine so much better,being the only one on the road.

I love cruising to the local lot and possibly seeing some racing on the weekends, but i will have to say, one of my favorite things is hearing the engine with no other cars around late at night.
I just have to be careful not to fall a sleep ,due to that sweet v8 sound. It's music to my ears. :sleepy1:

Wi

you should try it in the mountains pulling the hills that eco OOOOOOman I know what you mean......Artie:love7::love7:

Nuthin like the sound of a Thermoquad in the middle of the night.

You sure got that right.For me I have cheep stereo in my Dart no heavy pounding ,I love hearing the motor tone.Glad you and you car connect:cheers:.

I drove my '73 Comet GT around for four years without any stereo whatsoever just for that reason. It's better music.

Know what you mean T67. When I built my Cuda I put in a pretty decent stereo system but I almost never listen to it driving down the road. The exhaust note is much more fun to listen too.

When I bought my car one of the first things I did was take out the $1500 stereo,would rather listen to my engine.8)

My wife and I just got back from a nice little cruise in my Dart.
The engine was just purring at cruise and my wife commented how she really loved its sound.
I've got a set of Classic Chambered mufflers that are just one of eight pairs ever made. They are modeled after the original Thrush "mufflers." But, the build quality on these is incredible and they will last a long time. Their sound is amazing.
The one time I nailed the throttle my wife just laughed and said I needed to do something about that sticking throttle. (in jest, of course) What a woman. We've been married over 25 years. I think I'll keep her.

Man i miss that sound.ill have it back tho. As soon as I give this motor its finishing touches. Oh And get its 4speed rebuilt

Seven or eight years ago, I was westbound on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, somewhere between Pittsburgh and the Ohio border, on a Friday night. It was about 3 or 4 a.m. I was working, driving "the big rig". Not much traffic then, of course. A car came up in my mirror and passed me. It was a 70 or 71 340 Duster. I had the window open, and the distinctive sound of it's 340 brought back memories of when it was an everyday thing to hear motors like that.
It used to be that you could tell what kind of car was driving by, just by the sound. Nowadays, there's nothing. Maybe a fart muffler, or a pick up with a cat-back.
I wondered where that driver was going. I could only assume to a show or event somewhere that weekend.
Nice post, T67. Thanks.

-
Back