"That was my favorite year Nova"?

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Well it finally happen to me, I had a customers Dad drop off his Ford Ranger for me to work on the brakes. He looks at my 69 Dart and says, "That was my favorite year Nova". I tell him it is a 69 Dodge Dart, he them ask me if it has the push button transmission? Yup they are out there, thou this was my first in person experience with it.

least he didn't say he had one just like it, but his had the 454 hemi and factory 4 link.
I run into all kinds and they always drive off in a mini van.

least he didn't say he had one just like it, but his had the 454 hemi and factory 4 link.
I run into all kinds and they always drive off in a mini van.

Well I've read on here about this happening but I have always wondered how true it was, I now am a believer. And he drove off in a Ford Focus.

Kool that you have a Nova too...I was sure that mine was the only one!! :protest: :razz:

The BEST tool I can remember coming across was some guy comes into the parts store, YEARS ago, back in the 80's with a nice 62? 'Vette, wants some of the big dia. defroster / vent hose under the hood.

So I go out with a tape to help measure stuff up, and naturally a crowd happens. And of course, hidden in the crowd, is the "tool."

So the tool says, "zat a 327?

"yes."

"Yup," the tool, "ya can always tell one 'o these 'Vette motors, bekuz they're just a little SHORTER than a regular Chivvy."

The silence.............was............long..........and...........deafening.

Have any of you ever owned a 66 Charger? You would not believe all the different names mine was called.

i can blow those off till some punk asked if my 1965 Plymouth Belvedere AWB was a nova...

People never seize to amaze me ... you never know what they'll ask, without even thinking it through.

Folks have told me I had a nice Nova and Chevelle, I've been asked what year my SS was. Hell the hood and trunk both say Plymouth and both front fenders say duster on it. I had one guy the other day ask me what "my old car was" and after I told him, he said HUH, I've never heard of one of those before.

I guess on the bright side at least they recognize we have cool old cars and of course I don't mind educating them on Mopar!

Have any of you ever owned a 66 Charger? You would not believe all the different names mine was called.

"How you like yer Marlin?" LOL

1965_AMC_Marlin_Survivor_For_Sale_resize.jpg

Just yesterday a co worker asked me how the Rambler was coming. I turned to him and said "it's a Valiant!!" Turns out he was asking about my house I just bought..... :eek:ops:

People never seize to amaze me ... you never know what they'll ask, without even thinking it through.

Hell the hood and trunk both say Plymouth and both front fenders say duster on it.

I've had that happen. I had some guy ask me what year my Camaro is. As he was standing behind my E-body. Looking at the tail panel. With the badges that say "Barracuda." "By Plymouth."

I have yet to have anyone not know what my car is :toothy7: They just want to know what year and does it have a slant 6 or push button transmission in.......... it must be a Valiant thing :toothy7:

This young kid ask me what model chevelle my 73 Duster was, I said it is a Plymouth duster, oh he replied, I'm a mustang guy. Then goes into all he has done to the stang, I replied, mine has a small block in it would he like to race, he had nothing else to say.

Well it finally happen to me, I had a customers Dad drop off his Ford Ranger for me to work on the brakes. He looks at my 69 Dart and says, "That was my favorite year Nova". I tell him it is a 69 Dodge Dart, he them ask me if it has the push button transmission? Yup they are out there, thou this was my first in person experience with it.

Hey listen to what Ricky Rocket says.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJEYFTcroU&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLC65R8hQ1mBY"]Wrecks To Riches 69 Dart.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Actually if I couldn't find this Dart that I have know another option may have been a 68 - 72 Nova among other A body Mopars like Dusters and Demons. I'd much rather have a Nova than a Camaro.

Actually if I couldn't find this Dart that I have know another option may have been a 68 - 72 Nova among other A body Mopars like Dusters and Demons. I'd much rather have a Nova than a Camaro.

those 68-72 novas look like dusters to me.
fastback cudas resemble 65 fastback mustangs
67-69 darts look like novas or 64/65 malibus.
64-66 valiant/darts line right up with earlier falons/comets
even the 65/66 fairlane resembled a mopar product

i always wondered how mopar vehicles looked like ford/chevy models from 2 or 3 years prior.
even my 73 d100 looks like 67-72 c10
mopar took the extended cab from ford and reversed the contour lines from the c10 (on my d100 the upper portion is "out" and the lowers are "in" which is reverse from the c10)

-
Back