The 10 Worst Cars Ever Sold In America - Not A Mopar In Sight

-
The Cavalier / Sunbird were TERRIBLE cars. I remember a cousin of mine worked as a Mechanical engineer doing automation, and he toured the Lordstown OH GM plant where the Cavalier/Sunbirds were produced and told me they had the fastest line speed in the country - not good for producing a quality car.

I was selling cars in Washington State at a Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealership when the Aztec came out. In the time that I was there, I don't think we had one person even LOOK at those things, let alone drive one. They were hideous! Now, someone here in my town drives a bright yellow one. As if the hideous color could detract from the hideous car.

im really really surprised the dodge aspen/ Plymouth Volare were not on that list.....they are mopars but still horrible cars. Chrysler should have just kept the old reliable Dart/Duster line up to 1980 ....prolly would have saved Chrysler some embarassment :blackeye::blackeye:
the best tuffest car i ever owned was a 79 aspen r\t and a few of my friends had them to. we beat the **** out of them couldent kill them but the frame rot issues won in the end. r.i.p.

I was selling cars in Washington State at a Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealership when the Aztec came out. In the time that I was there, I don't think we had one person even LOOK at those things, let alone drive one. They were hideous! Now, someone here in my town drives a bright yellow one. As if the hideous color could detract from the hideous car.
haha I see a bright yellow one around here all the time too.

Nuttyprof.... I had 2 VW Rabbits a 1976 and a 1981.And my parents had 3 of them they were some of the best running cars we ever owned.Never really had any issues with them.

No Toyotas on the list either... I build them with pride!!

They should be on the list, at least the early Tercels.
This is the hole in the wall that a Camry with a stuck throttle put in our parking garage about a week ago.

Attachments

• wall1.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 212
  • wall3.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 210
Have owned one of these Pinto Surfer Wagon's in the past. It was dorky, but kinda cool.........:happy1:

Attachments

• pinto surfer wagon.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 202
Dad had a GT Vega wagon growing up. That was a good car. Remember him wanting
to put the Cosworth engine in it. A 350 Vega is a kick in the *** to.

Nuttyprof.... I had 2 VW Rabbits a 1976 and a 1981.And my parents had 3 of them they were some of the best running cars we ever owned.Never really had any issues with them.
years ago, a friend's dad had one- he put over 600,000 miles on it. Couldn't have been that bad of a car.

Rabbits were good but in the omni/horizon they butchered the wiring, and replaced the fuel injection with a carb-on a rubber adapter no less.

Lets not forget the chevy citation.

ANY French car is a turd...

Yugos had a rear window defroster to keep your hands warm when you pushed them in winter.

K-cars were pretty much turds. Headgaskets @50K, and gee, 1st gen Neons did the same thing...the longterm cure? Do the heads, new hardware and MLS gasket

Italian cars- fun to drive, when they run. Between mechanical and electrical issues, well, helps keep the mileage low! Live in the "Rust Belt?" These cars biodegrade within 4-5 years with 'normal' usage.

We could go on and on-

Huling Brothers in West Seattle by any chance?

While the Aztek might get the award for the ugliest car ever built, it's engineering isn't bad. A few years ago we picked up a Buick Rendezvous (re-badged Aztek) to haul the kid, dog etc. A few years ago the resale value of Buicks would fall like a rock off a cliff, so they were relatively cheap. Anyway, the car was loaded and the wife liked it. I thought there was a good chance I was buying a bucket of bolts. Seven years later and about 100k miles, all I've done is maintainence.

My father bought an Omni back in 1980 or so when they were equiped with a VW engine. It was such a dependable car that he bought a second one in 86, this time with a Chrysler engine.......piece of s**t.

What about the Omni/Horizon-Volkswagon rabbit?

The Horizon TC3 was hands down, the absolute worst car I have ever owned in my entire life. I actually had a foot locker full of tools and assorted replacement parts in the back to keep from getting stranded in some remote area of Kansas.

back around 1984 a buddy had one of those '74 Mustang IIs and I had a '74 Charger. His car leaked and burned so much oil, I and a couple other friends would donate our drain oil for him to keep his POS running.

I realize this is a 'worst car' list and not ugliest, but remember the Matador? One of my neighbors bought one. I asked him what he was thinking and he told me he wanted a car uglier than him so he would look good.

One other mention for AMC. My sisters first car was a Spirit. I changed a stripped flywheel on it. Talk about a pain.. I think it was a VW motor and Chrysler trans. Had metric one way and SAE the other...

Chrysler had their fair share of turds.

But you know why the Yugo had rear window defroster?

HAND WARMERS[/QUOTE]

Yeah to warm your hands while you pushed it.

You couldnt really kill those things though. I worked at a rental car company when those things were out, and we had those for shop cars.

I dont ever remember one breaking, or having to push them anywhere. The craftsmanship was horrible though. Gaps in the window seals, leaking oil like a sieve etc,

But they wouldnt die, we would rev them out in all the gears, sit at a light with the gas pedal floored, until the valves floated ad the light turned green and squeal off.

Finally it was time to get rid of them, YAY, then a lady came in about a month later who had one on a long rental since her car was in the shop.

The lease company didnt want it back anymore so it just sat there, couldnt get rid of it.

I can vouch for the ION being a grenade.

While I had my SC-1 in for service the sales-organism convinced me to take it for a test drive. The center-mounted dash cluster was bad enough, but have you ever felt that putting the spurs to a car with 22 miles on it was going to cause a catastrophic engine failure? I'm gad the sales-organism was driving! -LY

I would have thought the Corvair would have on list too

Any Fiat, and the Chevette!! I got a 850 Spyder to comute with in 73, it was 30 miles one way. Blown head gaskets, wouldn't idle..what a piece of crap. I traded it in on a 74 Dodge sport, great car! We had the Chevettes at work, they spent most of their lives on a lift. I think we had them for 3 yrs and then they dissappeared overnight.

-
Back