The '67 is off for surgery

-

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Time has come to get the floors done, so I loaded 'er up on the trailor.

Man that Dana looks sexy under there.

DartTrailor2.jpg

DartTrailor1.jpg

What the floors look like now.

DartTrailor3.jpg

DartTrailor4.jpg

Going for it's ride to the shop.

DartTrailor5.jpg

DartTrailor6.jpg

We'll get some after pics in a week or so.

Got 'er back from the shop. I didn't have the $$$ to have him mini-tub it so I guess that's on me, along with buttoning up a few other things, but I think for the money spent on it she looks pretty darn good.

Floors1.jpg

Sub-frame connectors look nice and beefy under there too.

Sub-Frames1.jpg

I'll leave a post. Lookin good. I think that is the route I'll take with my floor to. I'm not worried about period correct looking floors. Over rated in my book. That Dana looks out of place under there. I have a noisy 8 1/4 I'll trade you that would look right at home. And I'd even clean it off somewhat.

Thanks on the comments, not thanks on that trade on the rear ends. ;)

I could care less about period correct anything. It's going to be 2008, it'll run like it was built then too.

Nice clean looking job. Was it much cheaper than repro floor pans! I take it you are putting a front bench seat in the old girl! I don't see why period correct is so neccessary anyway when the carpet and seats are in it wont be seen. Shame to cover up that nice neat work though. I am envious my floor is almost non existant at that point.

I like that modified look.:toothy10:
But are you gonna carpet it? might be difficult to get carpet to fit.
Unless you get it custom made...

I like that modified look.:toothy10:
But are you gonna carpet it? might be difficult to get carpet to fit.
Unless you get it custom made...

I plan on putting dyna mat in with carpeting it. I didn't figure carpet would drop in, I plan on "trimming" it. :D

looks good. if your making it the way you want it, then as long as those floors are strong, who cares. what's with the rest of the car? motor, trans, options?

I'm going with the "sleeper" look. Widening dog dish steels for the back, lots of back spacing to squeez the 10+Inch wide wheel on a stock A body length rear end. Auto/340 set up right now. I have the 340 for sale, but if it's not sold by the time I need it, I'll use it. I had the dyno sheet at one point of it throwing down 439 HP 44X TQ at the crank. I figure a 200 hit of spray will wake 'er up.

I'm going with the bench interior for that sleeper factor. I wanted to keep the column shift, but put a ratchet mechanism in there so I wouldn't go too far while racing the car and accidentally shift into "D" when meaning to go to second. I'm thinking around a 3600 stall for this motor, perhaps a trans brake. I'll need to round up a SB 727 for it when money permits and go through it, perhaps a trans brake, again, money will decide for me.

I'd like to see high 11's on the motor and mid to high 10's on the jug. The car won't be legal for the track as I refuse to put a cage in my family weekend car, but it'll have the snort to get me at least ONE slip. ;)

Paint is going black over silver being seperated by the body line. Black wheels with whatever dog dish I can find, polished out. Good fuel system, sumped stock tank, and hiding all the nitrous lines/bottle with a false back in the trunk etc. Should be fun. :D

Looks good but then I'm partial to sleepers, I'm thinking of doing the same. Can't say I'm happy with your choice of tow vehicles though LOL. Did you say what's going under the hood or did I miss it. Oh ya I love Dana's to, you gotto try real hard to hurt them.

Terry:burnout:

Cool Dart!!

That dana is sweeeeettt!!!!!!

Nice job on the floors.
My first thought was, oh yeah, while they are at it, mini tub, spring relocation, stretch the wheel openings, sub frame connectors to go with that dana-60, but nothin a set of slicks could'nt help.

Yeah I did the spring relocate before it went out. He put the sub-frames in while he was there. I can't wait to get it going!

man,that thing looks very professional looking!i love what youve done to it so far.post pics of the mini tubs when you get them done,i cant find enough pics of mini tubs,i want to do my own.good luck!

Well I got the floors in the cab and under the car all seam sealed up, and the bottom undercoated. Talk about a contact high! I had to take a break as the garage (man cave) was spinning pretty good. I'll get photos up tomorrow when the fumes die back down and I can get out there and touch up any spots I missed. I think I'm going to undercoat in the cab too just to keep noise down.

I think it looks great. Theres a guy not too far from me with a Dana in a 68dart, looks awesome. Floors look good too. I'm a big fan of the sleeper looks too. Oh, as far as trucks go, Ford all the way!!

Thank you sir, she'll look good on the outside here in a couple weeks. Next Sat I'll be taking the car to get the outside rust taken care of!

Got it back from Rust Busting it. All was well except for the l/f fender. The guys told me they could fix it, but it may be less costly just to get another fender. I told them not to finish it off, and leave it low as I needed to prep the whole car anyway, so they did. They got 'er repaired and left it in epoxy.

Before behind the wheel opening.

Dana15.jpg

After blasting and repair

RustRepair1.jpg

I don't have good before shots of these but they printed some out for me for the scrap book. There was a lot of bondo in the car as it was hit in the r/r it looked like. Not anymore!

RustRepair2.jpg

This before pic shows your the little bit on the r/f fender, and the rust above the rear wheel opening that had been repaired in the previous pic as well.

Dana19.jpg

After

RustRepair3.jpg

I just need to weld up the puncture in the door, do some sanding and get some small surface rust out of the wheel openings that's just flash rust, and start getting 'er straight for paint now.

-
Back