The 70 Duster......

-
Ordered the Mopar Performance -.920" torsion bars and torsion bar lock/seal set from Mancini Racing. Also most of the interior that was ordered has been delivered to the shop. The new dash pad is still a couple of weeks out along with the front bumper emblem being on backorder. The rear end was delivered to the same shop that built the 440. They are going to tear the rear end down and look things over. I probably will go ahead and powder coat the housing before they start putting it back together. May put some stronger axles in it but have not decided just yet.

The 8 3/4 housing for the Charger is getting sent over to be powder coated today. Should have it back in a week or so. Also I should have some updated pics of the Charger pretty soon. Then, in a few weeks I am going up to see the car for myself and will get plenty of pics!!

Got a pic of the progress. May not look like much...but progress is always good! Bumper brackets back on...blower motor on, wiper motor on, brake lines on. I knew the headlight buckets were back on but it is the first picture I have seen with them back on the car!!

Attachments

• 71 Charger front 9-4-2012.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,137
Rearend housing has been powder coated and is back to the machine shop for reassembly. I bought another rallye cluster for the Charger since the first one was beyond repair. Gauges were rusty and bezel was cracked. Next on the list was Larry needed the following from Classic Industries....

Quarter glass vertical seals that go between the door and quarter glass
Ignition/door lock set
trunk lock set
B body blower vent tube w/air

Also the dash pad came in yesterday and should get delivered to Larry's shop today.

Spent most of the day today searching for parts for the Charger. I need a right tail light housing and a left upper door panel (missing a piece of metal on the the one I had that needs to get put on the new Legendary Interior panel). I did order the motor mounts today. Went with the Schumacher Creative Poly-Loc Mounts (# BXBL).

Attachments

• z-Schumacher Kit BXBL-71 Charger.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,060
Ordered the following for the 71 Charger

side marker lenses (front and rear)
park light lenses
Automatic console chrome plate
shifter plastique plate
shifter lens with Slap Stick
71 B-body sill plates

Still searching for good set of tail light housings or at least a RIGHT SIDE tail light housing. The right side that was on the car is beyond repair.

Also the dash pad came in yesterday and should get delivered to Larry's shop today.

Got a text from Larry that the dash pad had a crushed place in it. The box was good just had a spot on the pad that was crushed....:crap:

Waiting to hear from the supplier on what happens next....

Rear end for the Charger is about ready to be picked up from the machine shop!

Attachments

• Charger Rear End 9-18-2012.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,045
Ordered a few more parts for the Charger....

Legendary Auto Interiors.......
HL71CRX6110 6 bow headliner in "brite blue"
HI71CRX headliner insulation
SV71CRX340-PA "brite blue" sunvisors
TD71CRWX trunk divider

Van's Auto
71-2 B-Body drivers side remote mirror
71 Charger front bumper "Arrow" emblem
71 Charger vinyl top moulding clips
PentaStar fender emblem
Mopar dome light lens

Still searching for replacement tail light housing(s).......no luck so far. The right side that was in the car was beyond repair. A replacement housing is proving to be almost impossible to find......

Leaving in the morning to pick up the motor, transmissin and rear end so we can get them delivered to Larry's shop! Also going to see about stopping in to check on the Duster. I am pretty sure nothing has happened there but I want to stop in. Anyway, can't wait to see the Charger....from what I hear Larry is making some good progress on it!

Motor, transmission and rear end have been delivered to Larry's shop! Going back out later this week to snap some pictures and drop off the motor mounts. We are going to sit down and figure out a few other things like what steering box to use, what 4 wheel disc kit we need and try to get a list of all the parts he will need so that he is not waiting for me to get parts!

After taking the drive train out to Larry we decided to get the Dart out...and actually drive it! Drove it into town and washed it. Then gave it a quick coat of wax. First time since I bought the car in 2004 that I actually drove it more than 1/4 mile down the road and back!

Attachments

• DadDrivingDart.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 1,006
Stopped in for a short time this morning to snap a couple of pics of the Charger! Side glass is all in (crush in 30 days is now gone off the drivers door glass). Door handles are on. Key locks are in the doors and trunk. Front control arms and rest of the front suspension pieces are painted. The front grilles and headlights are in. Back bumper is on an tail lights are coming together thanks to one of my brothers loaning us a right side tail light housing from his project car.

Attachments

• DSC08115.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 974
  • DSC08111.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 989
  • DSC08117.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 975
Charger motor, trans and rear end getting ready to be bolted in!!!

Attachments

• Charger AmarilloTrip Sept 2012 017.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 953
Ordered a few more parts for the 71 Charger.

Classic Industries...

MF247 71-74 B-BODY Fuel Tank Rubber Pad Die-cut

MD35231 68-74 A,B,E-BDY Window Crank Shims (2 pr)

K27265 68-74 A B & E-BODY Window Cranks (2pr)

MD4057 71-74 B/E-BODY CONSOLE BODY AUTOMATIC

MD4002 70-74 B/E-BODY CONSOLE TOP PLATE

MB2045 62-76 CONSOLE & GLOVE BX LOCK

MB400HB 71-74 B-BODY Trunk Mat HB pattern

MB1279 71 B-BODY RUBBER STOPPER SET

MD2154 71 B/E-BODY WASHER JAR Clear

MD2170 71-72 MOPAR ACC PAD W/O BEZEL

ME1615 70-74 E-BODY Parking Brake Pad BLACK

MN1868 70-71 B/E-BODY Auto Brake Pedal Pad

SF156 71-74 Mopar B-BODY Bucket Seat Foam (1 pr)

MB192021 71-74 B-BODY Bucket Seat Reinforcement

MD701 64-74 A/B-BODY Door Lock Knobs

MB280955 71-72 HEATER DECAL W/AC

Purchased on Ebay today....
NOS MOPAR REPLACEMENT A/C WATER VALVE 1971 B BODY

Purchased from Moparts Forum Member(s).....
6 bow head liner bow set with wire tensioners
Glove box insert
Console shift light indicator wire harness

More parts ordered for the 71 Charger.

from Firm Feel...
Stage 2 Firm Feel steering box (large sector box)
Pitman Arm (stock length)
Mopar Performance 440/Hemi Rear Leaf Spring set
Complete XHD rear shackle kit w/ XHD bushings
Bilstein shocks (2 pr)

from Vans Auto Mopar.....
Fuel Tank
3/8 sending unit with lock ring and seal
Filler neck grommet
Ground strap
Tank straps
Rear view mirror
Antenna kit
Grille emblem (DODGE)
Fender Seal Kit
Door lock ferrels (1 pr)
Washer hose nozzel kit
Washer Pump Electric

from Tube Technologies Inc.
TTI383440-134C5 - 1-3/4" HEADERS w/ 3" COLLECTORS -Polished ceramic coated with a thermal barrier. Includes: Header gaskets, header bolts &
reducer/adapters.
RED30X25X6 - 3" X 2.5" REDUCERS 6" LONG Includes 3-bolt gaskets & hardware.

from Mancini Racing....
MRE644 Lightweight Hi-Torque Mini Starter
CAR12-440-11 High Output Fuel Pump

Few more little things for the Charger....

From ebay...
NOS (in factory packaging) Tail light len set w/gaskets and 1 reverse light.
reverse light lens 3514221 (still need to find 3514220)

From Year One....
P4529071 Orange 440 Magnum Air Cleaner Pie Pan
BN724 71 B-body Battery tray kit-Includes battery tray, retaining strap, 7" & 9" J-bolt
AC774 71 B body Big Block Throttle/Accelerator cable with casing

Few more pieces found/located and purchased for the Charger.

From Moparts forum member.....
Tail light housings

Ebay...
Front turn signal/marker light housings

Firm Feel order.....
added the power steering hoses

The list is getting shorter for things needed!!!!!!!
radio, speakers, brake kit, steering wheel, carpet, stripes, exhaust tips, radiator and shroud

Found and purchased a radiator, shroud and 7 blade fan from a 73 New Yorker. Made sure that the water pump housing on the 440 had the passengers side outlet. Since it matched up I sent the radiator to be re-cored and should get it back in a week or so.
So dropped off the following to Larry......
radiator (sent to local shop for recore)
fan
new fan clutch
shroud
water pump pulley
matching crank pulley from same car
kick down linkage

Checked on the car while I was in town. The side marker lights, tail light lenses, right turn signal/park light housings are in. The control arms are installed. The overflow tank installed. The VIN plate has been painted and new ECS dry rub stencil is on the VIN plate. The drivers side door panels are on (with door lock ferrells and knobs installed).

Ordered a DYNAMAT Xtreme bulk pack. Working on getting a few more details sorted out and then more orders to come by the end of the week.

Ordered the brake kit....

Wilwood Forged Dynalite 4 Piston Pro Series(Part #140-11020-D) Front
Wilwood Forged Dynalite 4 Piston Pro Series (Part #140-11395-D)Rear with parking brake
Full line kit for the front and rear with 18" steel braided lines, caliper fittings, and brake line fittings
Wilwood parking brake cable kit
Wilwood 1 1/8" Bore dual outlet aluminum tandem chamber master cylinder (Part #260-8556)

getting closer to the end of the order list......

Thermostat housing ordered....billet 90 degree swivel so that it will clear the new A/C system that is going in.

ordered today

Classic Industries....
WL203 - Bright Blue windlace (rear of door opening pinch moulding)
ME5028M - 1971-74 B-body 727 BB 2 piece transmission lines OEM
MN1483 - 71-72 Dodge B-body wheel opening mouldings
MD703BL - 71-72 Mopar B-body OE-style seat belt set BLUE
2608419 - Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve

Year One
BRB - (bright blue) 71-74 B-body carpet for automatic console car
A774 - 71-74 B-body T-shifter handle with A/T and center console
KMD53 - dash speaker single opening plate w/ dual 3 1/2 speakers
R15 - 1 pr sunvisor tips

Purchased from MoparMarks....
Power brake firewall plate
Power brake pedal linkage (bell crank)

Ordered from Summit Racing....
CLP-MCA-M Master Cylinder Adapter (4 bolt to 2 bolt)

My brother (another forum member) stopped in this morning to see how the car was coming along. Said the front brakes were on and Larry was working on the dash assembly. Sounds like it is getting closer.

On the Duster....my brother stopped to check on it as well. No change.

-
Back