The Buzzards Belly

-

Leadfoot

Jane Goodall of the N&P Forum
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For all of those that didn't know, or forgot, next year marks the 50th anniversary of the death of Kowalski.

I was making my every now and again stop in Cisco Utah to pay homage, and there's signs of life. I was there two years ago and I thought something looked a little fishy, as in there was a little activity, but very few signs of life. Saturday I stopped in and the location that I saw something fishy had become a full blown store, The Buzzards Belly General Store.
Cisco was the location of the bulldozer crash, as well as having a few scenes from Thelma and Louise filmed there.
I walked into the store and was greeted by a nice woman, and she explained that story of people living there, and the town was never abandoned as many thought.
I told her that I'd spread the word by throwing her a plug on a few sites that I'm on.
l.jpg

Here's where Susan Sarandon was talking to the old guy in that cheap copy of Vanishing Point, Thelma and Louise. Susan S was on those steps to the right.
1024px-Cisco_Utah.jpg

The gas station then
vanishing-point-bulldozers.jpg

A few years back
Vacation%202003%20(249).jpg

As of late
cisco-utah-filming-location-for-final-scene-in-vanishing-point-J82W0P.jpg

Anyways, drop in at the Buzzards Belly, but she told me that she's seasonal. She'll be closing at the end of October and back up again in March.

Interesting, usually real Mopar lovers can't seem to stay away from a good Vanishing Point thread.

One of my favorite movies, thanks for sharing Karl.

-
Back