The "Crusher Cuda" Project

-
Here's your engine build:

OP already has a 360, so hes miles ahead. That build you linked to, is neither fun OR fast. It's a pos re-ring deal, with a 1k roller cam setup, and it runs upper 77ish MPH in a fully gutted 3080lb race only car, in the 1/8th mile. Wallace calculator says it makes a little over 200 HP

OP already has a 360, so hes miles ahead. That build you linked to, is neither fun OR fast. It's a pos re-ring deal, with a 1k roller cam setup, and it runs upper 77ish MPH in a fully gutted 3080lb race only car, in the 1/8th mile. Wallace calculator says it makes a little over 200 HP
whatever. I posted that before he said he had a 360.
only posted it because of the extreme budget focus of this build

If I can recommend a stock starter motor out of any mid 1990s dodge pickup or van with a V8 or V6. It's a mini high torque denso starter. It's a direct bolt up, and has more HP and is much more compact and lighter than the stock gravel grinder that's on the 360 you got. Good score BTW.

So, I have been watching Tony's videos, as well as Roadkill Garage, Roadkill Extra, and Engine Masters. All have good ideas and theory. I paid 500 for the engine trans combo. So an intake, cam, lifters, headers, ignition, and maybe reversing the pistons is in the near future. The biggest goal is just to get it running. Maybe later I can really squeeze the horses out of her. But, for now, there isn't much room in the budget for big upgrades. I am searching for used speed equipment that still has life in it. More to come soon.

So, I have been watching Tony's videos, as well as Roadkill Garage, Roadkill Extra, and Engine Masters. All have good ideas and theory. I paid 500 for the engine trans combo. So an intake, cam, lifters, headers, ignition, and maybe reversing the pistons is in the near future. The biggest goal is just to get it running. Maybe later I can really squeeze the horses out of her. But, for now, there isn't much room in the budget for big upgrades. I am searching for used speed equipment that still has life in it. More to come soon.
I did that on a build when I was younger. I even got used pistons instead of new. I was able to drop a few seconds in a 1/4 mile for a few hundred bucks.

Picked up another parts car this week. Should make a good donor for the roof.
20210606_142903.jpg

Last edited:
So now you have 64 Barracuda hood and fender, going to keep Dart nose still?
Yea, still gona keep the Dart front end. I already invested in a grille & bezel set and the hood came from Texas. I favor the lines of the Dart. If I had a complete 66 Cuda front clip, I might consider it, but I think the Dart front clip will make this car stand out.

Up in canada they made 69 chevelles with pontiac badges, you could tell people it's an export car put barracuda badges on the dart fenders.

-
Back