The Cuda is on the Road Again

-

66cuda-s

Reaction score
Just took the '66 Formula S Barracuda for a brief ride for the first time since 2011. I installed an 8-3/4 differential (3.23 sure-grip), new Exhaust from Accurate Exhaust, new 10" brakes on the rear.

My car came originally with a Sure-Grip (according to the build sheet), but did not have one when I got it. It had a 7-1/4 open with 2.93 gears. The new one should be great! The 8-3/4 differential was sourced completely from FABO members in parts (Housing, third member, axles, shock plates, backing plates), with new axle bearings and brake drums.

Seems to work great.

Thank you for all the help.

I so want to get my cars out of storage.... Ohio weather is killing me! I'm happy for you, enjoy the ride :)

Glad to hear. I hope to get mine out again. Last time for mine was 2009 when she had engine trouble.

That was my thought too, we must see this beauty!!!

OK, OK... Here are some pictures of the process (I should have known better).

You can see that I painted the back half of the underside of the car, it is in quite good condition, probably due to being a California car originally. I also took the springs apart and cleaned and painted them then put in new bushings and friction pads. The wheels were powder coat painted by Les Schwab. I did the gas tank earlier (new tank, clear coat painted).

DSCN4572a.jpg
DSCN4573a.jpg
DSCN4580a.jpg
DSCN5513a.jpg
P2262241a.jpg
P4082416a.jpg
P4082418a.jpg
P4082421a.jpg
P4102425a.jpg

One more picture...

Also forgot to mention new SS brake lines from the front distribution block back.

P2262233a.jpg

-
Back