The Dart has paint !!!

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Hey guys, finally got the car back from paint, and holy cow !!!!!!!!
I think this thing looks pretty bad ***. The guy who painted it was very meticulous with it, and also a Mopar guy, so that helped. The color is
Green Go, also known as Sassy Grass .Cant wait to get some time to start putting it back together. Just for the heck of it I put a pic of the car the day I drove it home. I think it will be a little more noticed now....LOL

John

faucet pics 286.jpg

faucet pics 289.jpg

faucet pics 290.jpg

faucet pics 302.jpg

faucet pics 299.jpg

faucet pics 300.jpg

faucet pics 304.jpg

faucet pics 298.jpg

Picture 149.jpg

hey thankz alot for getin the paint on my dart done just drop it off when your done shown every one that dart is bad *** good job:happy10:

usually i dont like vynal but it helps the paint set it self apart from all the other sassy grass cars

Looking like a great muscle car:rock:
Nice color and a great paint job, Glad all went well.:cheers:

Nice and shinny:glasses2: How will you fall asleep tonight?:burnout:

Wow, nothing like new paint........well a new engine cranking for the first time is pretty great too but...........wow, what a difference! Looks great, make sure you buy plenty of the blue painters tape to mask off things upon assembly and get a friend to help you with the big pieces. Quite a transformation!:cheers:

Thanks for the tips and comments guys !
We got some funny guys here. LOL

Mike, I would work on this thing all night if I could, unfotunately gotta work for a living.

Motor pic for you Longgone.
Should set the engine bay off pretty good !!!
Blue tape,take my time, friends help....Copy that.

Picture 670.jpg

Oh, she`s going to be a beauty! Very nice! What else will she get? Go wing? Stripes?

Well, at this point I think I am just going with a matte black stripe.
Wife has her eye on me....LOL
Dont see the wing or scoops coming down anytime soon.
I actually just got a deal on some A-body sport mirrors, which will be
painted body color. Will see what I am going to do after I add the mirrors and stripe.

WOW!! That looks great, got to agree the vinyl roof and steelies look awesome. Bet this looks great parked next to the orange '65 convert!!!

Can you say evil twin???

When I saw your post I called my wife in to look at your masterpiece and she says in a sarcastice voice, "that's your car!!" and starts to walk out of the room. I was thinking "I wish!!" but I say to her, "no it's not." So she takes another look and says, "oh it not... wow that looks nice"

I'm hoping that someday my car will look about a 1/3 as nice as the stuff you have Johnny!!! This one looks great and your 65 is just killer too! I love the color combo and like you said matte black on the stripe.

Looks great Johnny!

Be really cool to cruise that bad boy once you get it together.

John,
The car looks absolutely fantastic! The engine looks like it just came from the factory brand new.
Best of Luck with the car! I can't wait to see it completed.
Assembly of the painted car is the fun part for me, just take your time, you only get one shot to do it right.

George

Another awesome car being resurrected by a member! First the yellow Duster, now a Green Go Dart. Fantastic color! And I agree, the black wheels and roof set the car off nicely.

And yes...tape panels...add bed sheets to larger areas....get (competent...) help.... and TAKE YOUR TIME. The assembly is very rewarding.

Good luck!

thats lookin great that is a really nice color with the vinyl roof... real nice

-
Back