The Dart has paint !!!

-
Love the green and the vinyl top, as said above it sets the car/color off. I have debated about putting the vinyl back on mine and have had input both ways, but have decided to go vinyl. Keep us posted

Looks great Johhny. Can't wait to drop by and see it. Just gotta get the motor in like this

ry%3D320

This picture hopefully gives you a better idea of how I did it. Driver's side header, starter, power steering and all. 4 bolts for the k-frame and 4 bolts for the tranny mount and you're done. I'll bring my stuff and help too.

These are the casters I was telling you about that you can borrow while your K-frame is out being powdercoated.

ry%3D320

Dave

Well it looks like the Dart is a success to this point !!!
Thanks for the comments !!!

Dave, looks like the way to go. Could definately use your help on this.

Thanks again all !!!!!

Looks like patient has paid off. Good job. Can't wait to see the assembly process.

WOW! My car is jambed in already in Sassy Grass. Being a painter, I have changed my mind three times so far and not yet painted my OWN car yet since last year.
I am for sure now staying w/the J6 color w/no vinyll top.
Thanks for the photos and very cool. :thumbup:
I tried to post photos, but file is still to large.

Mark

WOW! My car is jambed in already in Sassy Grass. Being a painter, I have changed my mind three times so far and not yet painted my OWN car yet since last year.
I am for sure now staying w/the J6 color w/no vinyll top.
Thanks for the photos and very cool. :thumbup:
I tried to post photos, but file is still to large.

Mark

I was going to go with the original gold, but my painter talked me into the green-go. Glad he talked me into it !!!!

Very nice JD! Nice color choice on that body style.. More pics asap.

Think we'll see her for Fall Fling? Or is that to soon, maybe Spring Fling. Regardless She looks great. My daughter is now thinking of going F8 on her dart.

Johnny, man I have to look at your every time I log in here.
My car now is org. F8 green. My last few Darts have been red, bronze, black etc.. and Y8 gold.
I'm sticking w/my color choice now, J6 thanks to your ride showing up here.
Keep us updated on progress. I'd like to see it more together, I think I speak for everyone on that note!

Mark

Looks great! Your engine bay & trunk blow me away. Mine will never look that good.

Think we'll see her for Fall Fling? Or is that to soon, maybe Spring Fling. Regardless She looks great. My daughter is now thinking of going F8 on her dart.

Shooting for the Spring Fling.....Dont want to rush it.
I actually bought this car at the Spring Fling 2 yrs ago. Wasnt really looking for a car, but I always liked the Swinger body style. Saw a for sale sign on the car. Took a look at it, 8 3/4, V8, Disc brake's, clean Cal body, SOLD !

Sold of course after I called the wife....LOL

Picture 149.jpg

Picture 163.jpg

faucet pics 286.jpg

Picture 670.jpg

Im ready to see that nice looking orange motor in that awsome green car!Ive always liked the way those colors looked together,lol.Keep up the good work,its gonna be a sweet car.

Installed a new dash pad today.
For those of you who have done this, holy cow !!!!!!
I felt like the full on contortionist, flipping every which way to get at those bolts..LOL
Definately let a couple swear words out !!!!!
Anyway it can be done. I would suggest taking out the glove box and radio to do it. All said and done, not to bad.:thumbup:

Also got the new door handles and some of the trim on.
Take care !
John

faucet pics 315.jpg

faucet pics 319.jpg

faucet pics 306.jpg

Thanks guys.
Seat in seat out, dam that wasnt fun....LoL
Next up, re-building the rear with new springs and fresh 8 3/4 355 suregrip.

faucet pics 280.jpg

-
Back