The Dart has paint !!!

-
The cam is in the motor all lubed up and ready to go, I still need to get off my butt and buy the lifters for it. That motor is for the 53 and the 48 has been taking what little time and money I have at the moment.

This is how it sits for the moment.

100_1117.jpg

Very cool !!!!!!
Cant wait to see/hear that bad boy run !!!!!!

Johnny, got to ask where you got the filler neck boot from? I am putting a new tank in my car with new fuel line, pcikup/sening unit, straps, 'j' bolts, pad, and filler neck donut. I have run into an obstacle with the boot that goes on the filler tube that screws to the trunk floor. I thought it was a 67/69 boot and bought a new one and it dont work. 71/76 was said not to fit either and according to a good source nobody makes one for a 70? Any clue or info where I can get one for my 70? Thanks a bunch for any help.
Chas.

Hello Chas,
Well the one that was in the car originally cleaned up well.
I will look around and see if I can find you one.
John

Johnny, got to ask where you got the filler neck boot from? I am putting a new tank in my car with new fuel line, pcikup/sening unit, straps, 'j' bolts, pad, and filler neck donut. I have run into an obstacle with the boot that goes on the filler tube that screws to the trunk floor. I thought it was a 67/69 boot and bought a new one and it dont work. 71/76 was said not to fit either and according to a good source nobody makes one for a 70? Any clue or info where I can get one for my 70? Thanks a bunch for any help.
Chas.

Let me look at my 70 cars and the 71-74 that I have. I've never noticed a difference.

All three 70 cars have the exact same rubber boot as the 73 car. Even has the same numbers molded in them. 71 has the same piece.

Why won't they fit and this is probably the wrong thread to answer it.

Back to the paint thread!

I believe I PM'ed him on this.
RT Specialties has them $25.00
They list them as 70-74

Chiming in a little late, but hot damn that is one sweet looking car Johnny D. I love that color (but then I have a Kermit & Cross-bones tatoo on my leg that is about the same green!) Your workmanship is excellent, can't wait to see how the interior finishes up!

Ken

Interior.........Done !!!!

Still thinking about what I want to do gauge wise, but all interior is done.

Also, finally found a radio delete plate. Dam thing is about nos.

faucet pics 795.jpg

faucet pics 797.jpg

faucet pics 799.jpg

Looking really good. Bucket seats with a column shift is unusual...I had a 1969 Superbee years ago with that same set up.

My god! Do you go into a **** fit when that thing gets a speck of dust on it? Damn man, get in it and drive the thing, get it dirty, melt the stickers off the tires and get some road rash on it!!!

Looking really good. Bucket seats with a column shift is unusual...I had a 1969 Superbee years ago with that same set up.

I knew it was going to be different.
It was originally a bench seat car.Now it has original,one year only 70 buckets.
I wanted to keep all the stock column/904 shift linkage,thats why I left it this way.

Hey, did you win that on Ebay the other day? If so, I was the guy you were bidding against. Damn you!

That's the one,sorry brother !!!!

I saw a NOS one on E-bay 6 months ago and it went for around the same. Swore I wasnt going to let the next one get away !!!!!!

I lost out on a set of buckets from a member here one time. Looks like it happens often.

Sorry man.8)

The car looks fantastic John! I was wondering when the next update was coming.
What is left to do before you can plate it and drive it?

George

That's the one,sorry brother !!!!

I saw a NOS one on E-bay 6 months ago and it went for around the same. Swore I wasnt going to let the next one get away !!!!!!

I lost out on a set of buckets from a member here one time. Looks like it happens often.

Sorry man.8)

Aaahhhh, no worries. These things don't grow on trees, that's for sure. I can think of a lot more useful things I can spend money on anyway.

Looks great, keep up the good work.

That's a great looking car, Johnny! Couldn't wait to see it FINISHED!
(how do you like the color-keyed praise? LOL!)

Pat's Law
Junk expands to the space allowed in direct proportion....bigger garage, more junk packed in!

-
Back