The Dart has paint !!!

-
You do dam nice work John, looks like she's almost ready for the show circuit. When you get a chance, after everything is done and streetable, how about a complete set of interior/exterior photos on it's own thread. I'd love to see it.

Terry:notworth:

Thank you Terry,

Sounds like a great idea. Will do.

John

wow johnny that car is immaculate...absolutly gorgeous and one of the nicest member cars on here in my opinion....thats definatly a SHOW car! congrats and keep us updated about that test drive...its probably gonna be one of the best days of your life lol

Car looks amazing Johnny. Can't wait to ride in it.

Update:
Got some tires (215/70-14) and adjusted the suspension that I can live with. Think it looks pretty good.

Also got the bumpers on (fresh chrome), and installed the hood pin kit.

Looks like now all I have is to finish the interior. Just recieved my Legendary 340 Dart bucket seat covers and foam. Should be nice !

faucet pics 751.jpg

faucet pics 752.jpg

faucet pics 754.jpg

faucet pics 755.jpg

faucet pics 756.jpg

faucet pics 759.jpg

Looks so nice.
You have done a nice job and I look up to it.
Mine will be nice too but a little less high-impact.
My five year old son asked why the mirrors are painted and the gas cap is not...
I have been so picky about small details throughout the past couple of years he has picked up on it.
I really like how the paint came out.
Who did it?

Looks so nice.
You have done a nice job and I look up to it.
Mine will be nice too but a little less high-impact.
My five year old son asked why the mirrors are painted and the gas cap is not...
I have been so picky about small details throughout the past couple of years he has picked up on it.
I really like how the paint came out.
Who did it?

What an eye your son has !

Actually a great point, and no one is more picky than me......LOL !!!

Actually the story goes like this. There is a one year only filler tube for 1970. Finding the one year only cap can be a bear. I was able to find this chrome vented 70 cap. What I need to do is find a 71-on filler tube,than a painted cap will fit. I catually bought a painted cap in hopes it would fit. No dice.
One day I hope to get it straightened out.

So there you go...........8)

Johnny does the car have Cali emissions ? with the funky vent in the trunk ? 71 Filler tube is the same as the 70 ecs tube.

Johnny does the car have Cali emissions ? with the funky vent in the trunk ? 71 Filler tube is the same as the 70 ecs tube.

Yes, Cali Emission car,with extra tube.

Thought it was 71 on. Think your right Adam, 72 on.

I think its just 70 ECS and all 71s that use that filler tube. My Scamp and my Dart both 71 used it.

Johnny,

I think I have a fill tube from a 72 scamp with ecs if that would help.

I'll have to look. If you let me know which gas gap you have, I can see if I have a fill tube. I get so confused with all the combinations and years.

Car looks real good! Awesome color contrast. The more I look at it, the more I like it and I'm not a green color guy!

Rob

That car looks like it's brand new John! Outstanding craftsmanship skills you have demonstrated.
Your restoration techniques can be applied to any car. If you seek employment in a resto shop, you can use your own car for your resume!
Fantastic workmanship. Congratulations.

George

It's looking like you'll make it to the Spring fling. If you do will be taking some pixs to reference when I do my 16yr old daughters 70 dart we just got her.

Damn that thing looks good. I wanna see a video of you burning the stickers off those new tires!

Thanks all for the wonderful compliments !!

Some of the things you guys have said about my car, and my talent as a car guy means alot to me !!!! This is a really special car.

I have been having this crazy thought in my head with this car, and that is why I havent taken the tire stickers off.

My crazy thoughts have been to sell this car, without even driving it out of my driveway.

Why the heck would I do that ? Dont necessarly need the money,though I'm not rich.

I know it's crazy,and really dont think I could do it, but it would be interesting to see what I could get for it.

I really dont think I could do it, but dam it would be interesting.

Motor runs,sounds real good, but never been out of the driveway, do you want to gamble ?

I know I'm just blowing smoke............but you never know.

well let me come over with my car trailer and load it up and take it away, they you won't have to wonder what it feels like to have her leave.

Um why you just put all that work in to her and most likely won't get that back in this economy, besides she looks like a blast to drive.

I've been wanting a Swinger or a Scamp the same color for a long time. I just can't find one that I like or doesn't require a ton of work to make it road worthy. Your Swinger is sweet. I just can't stop looking at it. Your 1970 front tag, where did you get yours?

-
Back