The Dart has paint !!!

-
Just read thru your whole thread. I can't imagine the hours you have invested in our car. Your attention to detail is impeccable. Keep up the GOOD WORK!!

Thanks alot !
Yep, the hours are adding up on this one. I like to call it therapy.8)

Finally got the torsion bars in,and the car is on all fours. Still have some adjusting to do,not totally happy with how it is sitting.

Also got the grille in. Bumpers are off to chrome.

Also got a set of 1970 Dart buckets for the car today. Dont ask how much,the wife might be listening. lol
The ones in the background are for a 73 and sold.

Thats it !! Thanks all !!!!

John

faucet pics 654.jpg

faucet pics 658.jpg

faucet pics 657.jpg

Be sure and take video when you start 'er up for the first time! We need to hear it and you'll love having it on record. I did that with mine and I love going back a hearing it again.

Keep up the awesome work!

holy crap johnny that car looks soooo good man! you should definatly be very proud of what you have so far....cant imagine how awesome its gonna look rolling down the road all complete....thats one sick mopar!

wow that j5 just pops! wow.
I think the only thing I would do differently is singe the title over to me when you are done!

Here is a pic of the new buckets. They are out of a 1970 Cuda. They are one year only seats. Other than the upholstery, they are the exact seats that came in the 340 Darts,Dusters, And Demons.The backs and side buttons are all there and perfect. The fact that these came in Hemi Cuda's and Challengers,are what makes them so pricey. I would tell you what I paid but the boss is in the room. LOL

I bought all new upholstery for the Dart from Legendary, and recieved the 25% off. Should be here in 3 weeks.

John

faucet pics 665.jpg

Johnny, nicely done, great detail, everything looks fantastic, definitely should be proud, almost time to enjoy!!

Johnny what did you do as far as seat tracks being that your using
E-Body Buckets? Reason I ask is cause I have a 70 Dart and
also have a set of E-body buckets.

Johnny what did you do as far as seat tracks being that your using
E-Body Buckets? Reason I ask is cause I have a 70 Dart and
also have a set of E-body buckets.

The E-body seats are the exact seats they put in 1970 A-bodys. Just different upholstery, and tracks.

In other words they are the exact same frames,just different seat tracks.

I will use 1970 A-body seat tracks.

Love the car! the color makes my mouth water, leaves me drooling!

What did you use on the LCA's? Just gold paint? Did you go with rubber or poly bushings?

Love the car! the color makes my mouth water, leaves me drooling!

What did you use on the LCA's? Just gold paint? Did you go with rubber or poly bushings?[/QUOTE

I painted the LCA's gold to try and replicate the color of the cosmoline that they put on them.

Everything is rubber except the Sway Bar bushings.

Take care !

Update :

She's Alive !!!!!!!!!
Finally started this bad boy up, and other than some fine tuning,she sounds awesome !!!! Broke the cam in with some Rotella and Comp Cam additive. Ran it at 2500 for close to 30 minutes. No leaks, everything looks perfect.
Very, Very Stoked !!!!!!!!!!!

Finally installed hood pins, front bumper (fresh chrome),and lower valance.
Rear bumper install wll be next.

Next up brakes:
Everything is in except the calipers, which I finally got.

Once I finish up on the brakes, the car should be ready for the first test drive!

I Also want to get a correct battery.

Thanks for looking !!!!!!

faucet pics 737.jpg

faucet pics 746.jpg

faucet pics 747.jpg

faucet pics 744.jpg

Awesome!! Congrats!!!
That baby is better than factory fresh! You did an outstanding job on it! Don't worry about the correct battery, get the brakes done and take her for a ride!! Take it from me, that first drive will be the biggest thrill of your life!! You'll have a smile on your face for a week!!:-D

Awesome!! Congrats!!!
That baby is better than factory fresh! You did an outstanding job on it! Don't worry about the correct battery, get the brakes done and take her for a ride!! Take it from me, that first drive will be the biggest thrill of your life!! You'll have a smile on your face for a week!!:-D

Thanks Dave, means alot !!

Looking forward to that "Big Thrill".

Man, that car is FANTASTIC! Nothing like fresh chrome huh?
The engine compartment makes mine look like a junkyard car! LOL
You, sir, have done a wonderful job! Be proud.

George

You do dam nice work John, looks like she's almost ready for the show circuit. When you get a chance, after everything is done and streetable, how about a complete set of interior/exterior photos on it's own thread. I'd love to see it.

Terry:notworth:

-
Back