The Dart has paint !!!

-
Johnny you do some of the best detailing i have seen , your 65 dart looks incredible also ,im restoring my car right now but i dont have that touch you have i am even painting it myself ,i painted the engine compartment and trunk today ,tomorrow it goes to the machine shop for engine install 408 w2.

Johnny, that Dart looks better than new! A truly fine job!
Sassy Grass [GreenGo] is my favorite green.

Very sweeeeeeeeeeet! Looks like your doing great! Now get back to work so that you can take a ride.LOL CONGRATS!!!!

Johnny you do some of the best detailing i have seen , your 65 dart looks incredible also ,im restoring my car right now but i dont have that touch you have i am even painting it myself ,i painted the engine compartment and trunk today ,tomorrow it goes to the machine shop for engine install 408 w2.

Truely one of the nicest compliments I have ever recieved, thank you.

My 65 was the first car I ever restored. The 70 is benefiting from the experience I learned from the 65. Lot of fun these A-bodys !

Thanks to everyone else as well !

That is a thing of beauty!!! I like the way you painted the engine, sorta resto-ish. Nice work Johnny!

Thank you for the kind words !

The engine is a exact 340 replica, except for the fuel line and Holley carb.
Well,almost a 340 replica, it is a 360.8)

Looks great Johnny. I can't wait to help get that sucker in there. :cheers:

Update:

Motors is in !!!!!!!!!

faucet pics 568.jpg

faucet pics 570.jpg

faucet pics 572.jpg

faucet pics 577.jpg

Looks great!! Thanks for sharing the photos to encourage the rest of us that are "in progress."

My baby is Y8 gold like yours was originally. I'm going to keep her that way when I get her repainted. Right now the hood scoops are shiny black but I'm going to have them done in flat black to match the vinyl and do the whole hood in flat black. Have you seen that done? The kit is available from YearOne but you could also have it painted on. I'm going to do the bumble bee stripe too.

I have a ton of photos over at Motortopia so hop on over there if you want to see our progress. Can't bear having to copy everything over here too.

(http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/GoldenGirl)

Here's a photo of the hood treatment we will eventually do, oddly enough shown on a Green Go Dart like yours. :)

greendart.jpg

Looks great!! Thanks for sharing the photos to encourage the rest of us that are "in progress."

My baby is Y8 gold like yours was originally. I'm going to keep her that way when I get her repainted. Right now the hood scoops are shiny black but I'm going to have them done in flat black to match the vinyl and do the whole hood in flat black. Have you seen that done? The kit is available from YearOne but you could also have it painted on. I'm going to do the bumble bee stripe too.

I have a ton of photos over at Motortopia so hop on over there if you want to see our progress. Can't bear having to copy everything over here too.

(http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/GoldenGirl)

Here's a photo of the hood treatment we will eventually do, oddly enough shown on a Green Go Dart like yours. :)

greendart.jpg

Hello,
Checked out the pics of your car,and it is coming out awesome !
I had the hardest time not keeping my car gold. My painter actually talked me into the green. I still think gold is a stunning color for a Dart,espically with the BB stripe. The hood treatment on the green car is how the factory did it on the 340 Darts. I do like the look with hood scoops, but dam they are pricey. Think I might just leave it the way it is.

Thanks again to all.
John

Johhny,
Your car is turning out awesome! Doing a great job at the details. Can't wait to see it in person at Spring Fling.

Looks great!!! I love Sassy Grass, in fact Im painting my 69 Charger Sassy grass. I done painted the engine bay, Using Nason BC/CC.

Keep up the good work,
Jason

go green69.jpg

Did some brake work this weekend. Not the funnest part of a build, but it has to be done. I blasted the spindles,rotors,backing plates, and all the bolts.Painted the spindles and rotors with cast blast. Not sure if I am going to rebuild the calipers or get some rebuilt ones. Anyway thats it for the week.

faucet pics 596.jpg

faucet pics 599.jpg

faucet pics 603.jpg

faucet pics 602.jpg

keep us updated johnny, the car is looking great...im actually excited to see it done...i think the members resto section is my fave part of the site- get to see what everybody is working on and cool there stuff is, and it motivates you for your own project as well as giving you ideas...top notch work so far, keep it up!

Uh, mine looks better!! JUST KIDDING. That is one very nice car and one hell of a resto job. Keep us posted on the progress, thanks!
Chas.

parts 003.JPG

018.JPG

What did you use on the air cleaner it looks great. I bought eastwood co. krinkle black paint but it didn't krinkle evenly and it's to glossy.

What did you use on the air cleaner it looks great. I bought eastwood co. krinkle black paint but it didn't krinkle evenly and it's to glossy.

Believe it or not I used Krylon Wrinkle Paint. Came out really well.

Thanks again to all for the kind comments.

If you painted the AC using wrinkle paint when it's cold, the wrinkle doesn't come up. It needs to be warm to get the wrinkle effect.

Nice work Johnny!

Update:
Got the brakes and front end finished today. Still need calipers. I also installed the big c-body tie rods from just suspension.
Also got the carb/linkage hooked up as well as the air-cleaner.

That's it.

JD

faucet pics 605.jpg

faucet pics 606.jpg

faucet pics 607.jpg

faucet pics 608.jpg

faucet pics 609.jpg

-
Back