The Dart has paint !!!

-
Yea Johnny I can see myself and my carhauler pulling up to your garage in Southern California and loading her up to take her home, you know I'll give her a good home right beside my black Demon. All right I'm just kidding about buying it and I hope you're kidding about selling it. If you do I guarantee you'll hate yourself for the rest of your life and besides car sales for muscle cars are in the crapper so I guess you'll just have to keep it.

As I said before she's a beauty.

Terry

I've been wanting a Swinger or a Scamp the same color for a long time. I just can't find one that I like or doesn't require a ton of work to make it road worthy. Your Swinger is sweet. I just can't stop looking at it. Your 1970 front tag, where did you get yours?

The 70 plate I got at a Local Mopar car show (Spring Fling).
But they can be had at the different retailers. Paddock,Year One,etc.....

You guys and your carhaulers are scarring me !! :-k

The 70 plate I got at a Local Mopar car show (Spring Fling).
But they can be had at the different retailers. Paddock,Year One,etc.....

You guys and your carhaulers are scarring me !! :-k

I'm closer and can easily beat any of them to your place. 8)

Johnny, great job on the car. Looks immaculate. You have too much hard work and passion to sell this car. You'll miss it the second it leaves your driveway. Keep up the great work!

I have been having this crazy thought in my head with this car, and that is why I havent taken the tire stickers off.

Punch yourself in the head until those thoughts go away.

Car looks fantastic. Do you have any idea what a HUGE pain in the *** it is to make the trunk look that nice? Much worse than the engine bay.

Before & After......8)

Picture 149.jpg

faucet pics 755.jpg

um yha you are crazy for wanting to sell. take a big stick or something and beat the bad thoughts out of your head. like now.

30K?????? maybe a reality, or veeerryyyy close.
That filler tube is like the 71s with the extra tube sticking up in the trunk and those 5 tubes on the underside by the wheel well. Just a thought if you want sporty. A bunch of us are looking into flip top gas caps that will work on the car with ZERO mods to the body and can be changed back to stock with no damage or issues. Just a thought??
Chas.

BTW, I would not want this car next to mine at a judged show!!!!

parts 003.JPG

The car looks great! You said you just put on 215/70-14 tires what happened to the 235/60-14 tires? Did they hit or not look right? Only reason I'm asking is I'm about to buy tires.

Looking good! You going to make it to Spring Fling this year?

Not sure if I will be done with this car by then.

Might take the 65.

Saw the thread about the Spring Fling & site members,was going to reply,but cant find it now.

Will be there either way. Looking forward to meeting some of the folks.

John

Not sure if I will be done with this car by then.

Might take the 65.

Saw the thread about the Spring Fling & site members,was going to reply,but cant find it now.

Will be there either way. Looking forward to meeting some of the folks.

John

Its on the West Coast board.

You should sine up for the members area.
Hope to see you there.

If you want to know what it will go for post it on Ebay with a reserve price of $500,000,000 and see what it gets bid to.

I say walk up to a mirror, look at yourself for a while, slap yourself in the face for even thinking about selling it, then go outside, get in your car and melt the stickers off the rear tires!

If you want to know what it will go for post it on Ebay with a reserve price of $500,000,000 and see what it gets bid to.

I say walk up to a mirror, look at yourself for a while, slap yourself in the face for even thinking about selling it, then go outside, get in your car and melt the stickers off the rear tires!

LOL.........Your a crazy cat !!!!!!!

Did you ever get the cam in your motor ?

Finally got the trunk mat,spare tire board, in the mail. Also got the rear package trey.

I am now bleeding the brakes. Need to adjust the rears, go through a check list, and can drive it.

faucet pics 769.jpg

Your Dart is stunning, seriously better than new. Like Momma always says, money doesn't mean happy. Go drive it and watch the faces of the people that see you. The smile that Mopar magic brings to your face will keep you from thinking about selling it ever again. :)

I helped hubby bleed the brakes on my Swinger tonight, too. We just swapped out the original rear with an 8 3/4 sure grip and put the brakes back on. UPS showed up with the slip yoke while we were doing that so we'll install it and then will measure and send off for the new drive shaft to hook the 904 to the new rear.

By the way, video definitely required. If you can do all this work, you can absolutely take a video with your digital camera and upload it to YouTube.

Thanks for sharing your progress...it's been a blast to follow.

LOL.........Your a crazy cat !!!!!!!

Did you ever get the cam in your motor ?

The cam is in the motor all lubed up and ready to go, I still need to get off my butt and buy the lifters for it. That motor is for the 53 and the 48 has been taking what little time and money I have at the moment.

This is how it sits for the moment.

100_1117.jpg

Your Dart is stunning, seriously better than new. Like Momma always says, money doesn't mean happy. Go drive it and watch the faces of the people that see you. The smile that Mopar magic brings to your face will keep you from thinking about selling it ever again. :)

I helped hubby bleed the brakes on my Swinger tonight, too. We just swapped out the original rear with an 8 3/4 sure grip and put the brakes back on. UPS showed up with the slip yoke while we were doing that so we'll install it and then will measure and send off for the new drive shaft to hook the 904 to the new rear.

By the way, video definitely required. If you can do all this work, you can absolutely take a video with your digital camera and upload it to YouTube.

Hey Goldengirl, I just saw a driveshaft on Ebay for a Dart with 904/8.75 combo and the guy`s in Maryland. His Ebay name is hemi162. Might be an avenue you can take if you wanted a factory piece.

Johnny, got to ask where you got the filler neck boot from? I am putting a new tank in my car with new fuel line, pcikup/sening unit, straps, 'j' bolts, pad, and filler neck donut. I have run into an obstacle with the boot that goes on the filler tube that screws to the trunk floor. I thought it was a 67/69 boot and bought a new one and it dont work. 71/76 was said not to fit either and according to a good source nobody makes one for a 70? Any clue or info where I can get one for my 70? Thanks a bunch for any help.
Chas.

Thanks for the kind words.

What are the odds of 2 people (well more like 4 people) bleeding the brakes on 2 Swingers at the same time ? lol
Pretty cool !!!!

-
Back