The Duster

-

hawkgoalie31

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My dad and I just finshed restoring my 1974 plymouth Duster. We have spent about 3 years doing it. When we first got it, it was brown and bench seats. Now it has bucket seats and everything in the car is new or has been rebuilt. Its a 318 320hp, 904 trans rebuilt with the beefyer stuff, 8 1/4 rear end with a TTI exhauts system. Let me know what you think. Still needs a few finishing touchs such as rear strip and emblems. Plus it will be my daily driver.

Thanks,
Brian

Before

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

WAY TO GO!.

Fore sure a great turn around.....my 72 duster is/was almost that same khaki color and i decided to switch it over to plum crazy purple.....my build is still in progress (link in my signature) been at it about a year now...cant wait for the finished product.

Your looks great though...you guys did a great job!

i like yours too duster dude. i am just glad then when i bought mine it barley need any body work you have got a hand full

i like yours too duster dude. i am just glad then when i bought mine it barley need any body work you have got a hand full

Mine has hardly any body work....it was mostly a factor with junk cracked paint from sitting in the california sun so I am stripping the paint rather than have it pop up flaws under my new paint.

and of course some "body expert" LOL fixed a dented in quarter panel with about 2inchs of bondo so I had to straighten that out....

Other than that i am just running through the hole car and making it like new again (part of the fun of the hole thing is the experience of doing all of the work yourself and doing it all the first time).

there fun cars to work on though EXCEPT for when it comes to finding a few hard to find parts.

you guys did a great job though and i love the color choice

That looks like a super job, take care of it!
C

... Plus it will be my daily driver.
That right there is the best part.=D> But the transformation is dramatic and awesome. I like the earlier stripe, with the Duster logo. I might have to put that on my '73 when I get to that point.

My dad and I just finshed restoring my 1974 plymouth Duster. We have spent about 3 years doing it.

ok I hate you a little:toothy10::toothy10: I've been on my scamp for 5 years#-oand just now blocksanding so I can shoot the final coat of primer:banghead: great work:cheers: since you and your dad did it, it will be something you guys talk about for years to come:cheers:

Nice car really well done. I like the ashtray treatment in your dash. Could we see a close up of that? I was thinking of that same thing as well. Thanks

Nice car really well done. I like the ashtray treatment in your dash. Could we see a close up of that? I was thinking of that same thing as well. Thanks

Sure I will take a pic but wat excatly did u want a pic of.

sweet is a 340 in the future plans?

Ya I problay will bore it out to a 340 in the future.

Thanks for all the nice compliments it really makes all the hard work worth it when people say you have a nice car

Great job. I am in the process of restoring a 73 Duster, will try to share pictures soon.

-
Back