The elusive 327 mopar!

-

oliver

Reaction score
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4390939135.html

:violent1::violent1::violent1:

00j0j_hAZdlFPN1XC_600x450.jpg

dont you also love that the engine and transmission has been built but the trans slips. lol

Did you know Mopar made a 326 also????

and my calculation brings it to 324 CID with .040 additional bore.

A heat gun would get that stupid 327 decal off there pronto.
I would be ashamed to drive it like that!

I don't know, but for that kinda money, I sorta expect the transmission to work!!!

I don't know about that 327 thingy, but I like the color of the car, and it looks good with those rims on it! Could use a little dial down on the torsion bars though!!

I like it, not $7500 like, more like a $3500 like!! Maybe a little less since that trans is toast!! Geof

Not sure what that guy was smoking......... but I sure wouldn't want a "drag" so to speak............327 is what my Dad wanted in his 39.......CHEBBY....LOL

318 bored .040 over = 324.119339414712.

So that would make it a.......325? MAYBE.... but 327? REALLY?

HELL, I'm not sure a 318 would take .040 overbore!

Mike, I used the engine size thing from www.maxwedge.com and the numbers I posted are copy and pasted from there so. no a 318 40 over be a 324.........just under a 326....... but the guy on the sale ad, a 327? WOW! must have some head work to get a combustion chamber that big and added to the CID of the engine LOL

That's what I used too but I didn't go past 2 decimal points. (3.90x3.31) The extra would add a cube I'm sure. Glad I found that site. Lots of good info there. tmm

I be cornfused....drives perfect with a slipping transmission :dontknow:

Poor guy might as well have put the chevy motor in it the way yall are beatin on it. He did it like he wanted. It's a lot nicer than what I have....and a lot of yall have too.

Maybe it has a 327 and a Glide....so it slips in 3rd..........:p

Nice looking car.
Doesn't sound like he's to savvy on the
technical side of things.

...my calculation brings it to 324 CID with .040 additional bore.

Correct. 324.491 cubic inches to be exact (assuming the stroke is stock)

3.91 bore + 0.040 over-bore give the engine a 3.95 bore, with a 3.31 stock stroke.

3.95 x 3.95 x 3.31 x 6.2832 = 324.49130868 = 324 cubic inches.

Also, I doubt he had a Chevy engine in mind when he decaled the car. The more likely scenario is that he simply did the math wrong when calculating the .040 over bore.

Poor guy might as well have put the chevy motor in it the way yall are beatin on it. He did it like he wanted. It's a lot nicer than what I have....and a lot of yall have too.

And if it was listed here he would be getting a lot of positive comments....

Hey I have a metal 327 fender badge I could put on the fender -- car looks decent-- maybe 327 was his favorite number-- the trans issue would concern me more than the other issues. Lawrence

they're saying it shouldn't have 327 decals on it...which it shouldn't.
And they're saying you would expect a car that 'drives' perfect' to have a working transmission.
I wouldn't call that "beating on it".
Sorry it's nicer than what you have.

-
Back