The end is near...

-
I obviously was expecting a highly modified N/A G3 to race against if that ever comes to fruition. Thanks again
You're 20 years too early. lol and we don't have 20 years left in the performance market.
and by that time I'll be 80 if I make it.

I'm afraid we'll never know the full potential of the Gen 111.
Why do you think that? Even with it being taken out of production and being replaced with EVs and turbo 6-bangers racers are still going to be messing with G3s for decades to come. The LA/Magnum has been out of production for over 20 years and there are still new parts coming out for those. I think it's just a matter of time.

You're 20 years too early. lol and we don't have 20 years left in the performance market.
and by that time I'll be 80 if I make it.

Idk lots of racers out there fighting the good fight to keep the sport alive, I guess we'll have to see. I'm only 31 so I'll be doing what I can to keep it going as long as I can.

Why do you think that? Even with it being taken out of production and being replaced with EVs and turbo 6-bangers racers are still going to be messing with G3s for decades to come. The LA/Magnum has been out of production for over 20 years and there are still new parts coming out for those. I think it's just a matter of time.
Politics! We won't be driving modified V8's on the streets. and who knows about the drag strips.

I wouldn't call it ugly as I do have a soft spot for the earlier Dakota race trucks or a good street/strip setup I wouldn't mind owning.....but at 11.11 @ 120 N/A it's obviously not a contender for my race and have suspicions that even if it dropped weight down to 3400 lbs it still may not have been able to beat my old 415" LA setup. Interesting find though.....almost had me nervous before I watched the video, LOL

Can you get a stock bottom end 5.9 to run 119.8 mph in the 1/4 in a 4000+ lb truck without boost?

And don't miss the white Ram in the video that had run an [email protected] with a stock motor and bolt ons. It might have even been a quad cab.

Nice job of missing the point and deflect it with "but it's not as fast as mine". It doesn't have to faster than your Golden Calf to be fast.

Idk lots of racers out there fighting the good fight to keep the sport alive, I guess we'll have to see. I'm only 31 so I'll be doing what I can to keep it going as long as I can.
My advice is you better buy up parts for whatever platform your interested in.....especially consumable stuff like bearings for one.

Politics! We won't be driving modified V8's on the streets. and who knows about the drag strips.

I can see that but I try to stay positive about it. I imagine people felt the same way in the 70s and 80s with what was going on but look at where we are now.

It may not seem like it but every young (under 40) gearhead I know whether friends or acquaintances is NOT happy about the Gov forcing EVs down our throats. The only people enthusiastic about EVs are electronic gadget tech nerds and tree-huggers who don't know anything about how cars work.

My advice is you better buy up parts for whatever platform your interested in.....especially consumable stuff like bearings for one.

To me this is where technology will come into play. Metal 3D printing is taking off like a Saturn V rocket for one. Imagine being able to custom-build your own engine parts, I'd argue it's not a pipe dream at this point.

Can you get a stock bottom end 5.9 to run 119.8 mph in the 1/4 in a 4000+ lb truck without boost?

And don't miss the white Ram in the video that had run an [email protected] with a stock motor and bolt ons. It might have even been a quad cab.

Nice job of missing the point and deflect it with "but it's not as fast as mine". It doesn't have to faster than your Golden Calf to be fast.
LOL......hellooooooo is there anybody in there????? That video was sent in direct relation to the race I proposed and my stance remains that they are turds.....it didn't change my mind 1 iota......but you and your SMALL group of my haters will never understand common sense and or facts. Why even send that video to be honest???? What did it prove???? It would have been different if it was a 9 second flat N/A Gen 3 then it would have been interesting and relative....but as it was it was not interesting and not relevant.

I can see that but I try to stay positive about it. I imagine people felt the same way in the 70s and 80s with what was going on but look at where we are now.

It may not seem like it but every young (under 40) gearhead I know whether friends or acquaintances is NOT happy about the Gov forcing EVs down our throats. The only people enthusiastic about EVs are electronic gadget tech nerds and tree-huggers who don't know anything about how cars work.

To me this is where technology will come into play. Metal 3D printing is taking off like a Saturn V rocket for one. Imagine being able to custom-build your own engine parts, I'd argue it's not a pipe dream at this point.
That would be great if that comes to fruition and I would gladly place an order for some parts that seem to be unobtanium as of right now.

LOL......hellooooooo is there anybody in there????? That video was sent in direct relation to the race I proposed and my stance remains that they are turds.....it didn't change my mind 1 iota......but you and your SMALL group of my haters will never understand common sense and or facts. Why even send that video to be honest???? What did it prove???? It would have been different if it was a 9 second flat N/A Gen 3 then it would have been interesting and relative....but as it was it was not interesting and not relevant.

I said in the post it wasn't supposed to be a direct comparison! Come on man...

Things are waayyy.... different today, then they were in the 70's and 80's.
Back then I would have never forecasted where we are now.

It would have been different if it was a 9 second flat N/A Gen 3 then it would have been interesting and relative....but as it was it was not interesting and not relevant.

How about 8.54?

Here is your N/A video

Things are waayyy.... different today, then they were in the 70's and 80's.
Back then I would have never forecasted where we are now.
Fair enough, I wasn't around back then. But I do feel like the seeds were sown back then for where we are now, for whatever that's worth. Not trying to get into politics but it looks like the country is shifting back the other direction. I'm hoping we get an administration that dials back the environmental BS next election and by the end of that term the world will see how bad of a failure Europe's recent decisions regarding banning carbon-based fuels and whatnot were. We shall see, I'm literally going to make prayers about it lol.

How about 8.54?

Here is your N/A video

Oh whoops i'm sorry to burst your bubble BUT the rules stated that it had to be a plated, registered and insured car and since the Drag Paks are factory built non street legal race cars with no title that does not qualify.....WONK WONK WONK :rofl::rofl::rofl:

What, can't find a stock bottom end LA to compete with a stock bottom end 5.7? So let's deflect and argue instead. Always a shame when reality intrudes on fantasy, doesn't it.

Last edited:
Oh whoops i'm sorry to burst your bubble BUT the rules stated that it had to be a plated, registered and insured car and since the Drag Paks are factory built non street legal race cars with no title that does not qualify.....WONK WONK WONK :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It was an OK option earlier. But as soon as one is shown that might stomp you into the ground it "doesn't fit the rules".

I agree thought that it wouldn't meet the street drive criteria, but the fact that you would have to trailer yours to get it within 10 miles of the track kind of makes it a weird rule.

It was an OK option earlier. But as soon as one is shown that might stomp you into the ground it "doesn't fit the rules".

I agree thought that it wouldn't meet the street drive criteria, but the fact that you would have to trailer yours to get it within 10 miles of the track kind of makes it a weird rule.
Did you not read the rules that were posted on page 4 that have not been revised.......it was written pretty clearly I thought.

That's fine, I wasn't really claiming that it would be a contender just trying to show that they aren't complete trash. And the fact that it has so many stock-based parts and runs as fast as it does. Imagine a G3 with the equivalent amount of development as a high-end LA build with W-series heads, 40+ years is a long time for racers to figure out how to squeeze the most power from an engine platform. Heck just look at camshafts, there are barely any out there for the VVT Hemi currently.

Who said they were “complete trash”? They are like every other NA Hemi ever built. They are junk NA unless you have the balls to wind them up. It doesn‘t matter if it’s a 392, 426, GIII or even a Pro Stock “hemi”. They require big RPM a to be competitive.

The LS, which is just as ugly as the GIII is a FAR BETTER engine to start with.

RPM is horsepower. To make horsepower with a Hemi you need big RPM.

Simple as that. NA compared to a wedge they can’t compete.

Do you think it can’t be done? Because it can.

-
Back