The for sale section

Does everyone think theres a sucker born every minute or does everything hold value?

• Yes, I'd sell you skid marked under ware if I thought you'd pay

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Yep, if I owned it.. its priceless.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A sucker born er'day? Yes and sometimes they twins.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No, its invaluable..now come back to my hoard cave so I can show my treasures..

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I think I greased my cheeks, let me get back to you..

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
-
That's why all my ads end with "OBO". I mean, you gotta start somewhere.

It's cyclical......When you are financing a build and trying to off set the cost with extra parts that you have, you have to ask stupid prices because that's what you are paying for the stuff you need. Then, there's the folks that buy up everything when the price is right just to make some coin. When I started my build, I thought the fun part would be tracking down and buying parts......Not!

Sucks even worse when you own a popular, one bodystyle only model. People want silver bullion for being a Mopar, gold bullion for being popular, and human anatomy for being one year, one bodystyle only.

I guess I just don't understand the premise of your survey. Maybe I am wrong, but it appears that all of the questions assume that the For Sale Section is more or less BS and that the sellers are less than scrupulous. I think our For Sale section is great.

Totally agree Troy, now most of the parts hunting is online. NOWHERE near as fun as walking the swap meets. Plus with online you get the behind the scenes sniping. Yer 1st to respond to an add but still lose out.
Heck Moparfest is a blast. Best part is meeting everyone, 2nd is swap meet. 3rd is checking out the cars.
It's cyclical......When you are financing a build and trying to off set the cost with extra parts that you have, you have to ask stupid prices because that's what you are paying for the stuff you need. Then, there's the folks that buy up everything when the price is right just to make some coin. When I started my build, I thought the fun part would be tracking down and buying parts......Not!

I see alot of good deals on here and some not such great deals the not great deals I just keep scrolling I see some used parts that are still available that cost more new. But at the same time I find super good deals on stuff too.

I do get a little agitated when I see inflated prices for stuff, but I also see the same stuff for sale a month later...no buyers. I've seen the same NOS Mopar mushroom lifters on my craigslist for $135 for about 8 months now. Wake up bro, no one wants them for $135. If you wanna move them, lower the price. "$500 or best offer"..Ill give you $175, I can let it go for $300" So post $300 as the price! You'll get a lot more bites with a realistic price.

Theres still good deals out there, I try to curb my buying/spending now. I'm currently trying to declutter, destress and streamline life. I need to focus on our 67.
After selling the 69 I dont have much left(besides spares for 67) but still have some stuff i just dont have the heart to toss, but some stuff i have.
Most stuff I've listed is low dollar stuff.

Theres still good deals out there, I try to curb my buying/spending now. I'm currently trying to declutter, destress and streamline life. I need to focus on our 67.
After selling the 69 I dont have much left(besides spares for 67) but still have some stuff i just dont have the heart to toss, but some stuff i have.
Most stuff I've listed is low dollar stuff.

I've been looking to see if you had something I wanted, so I could offer to buy it through PayPal friends and family

tenor-2.gif

Wouldnt that mean you did something mopar related? And most here know your "contributions" arent mopar or even car related. NOT to worry, I wouldnt sell you anything anyway. :icon_fU:
I've been looking to see if you had something I wanted, so I could offer to buy it through PayPal friends and family

View attachment 1715863098

I like to think that I throw out some good deals every now & then. I get a lot of repeat buyers. I price parts according to how fast I want to move them,and what I had to give for them. and less than other stuff I see for sale. When my wife and I go pickin for parts , there is a lot involved in it. Twice we had to rent a big *** U HAUL to get it home from 5 hours away. Spend a couples weeks going through it , scrapping some of it . Researching what it is, with a lot of help from all you guys ! Clean some of it up. And still try to keep the prices down. I don't know all there is to know about everything Mopar, forgot more than I remember ! So I stay in the hobby doing my own projects, and help supply parts for others , That most likely would get sent to the scrapper by family members. Here's just a couple pics we did last year !

20210316_100438.jpg

20210316_181949.jpg

20210316_182006.jpg

Last edited:
I like to think that I throw out some good deals every now & then. I get a lot of repeat buyers. I price parts according to how fast I want to move them,and what I had to give for them. and less than other stuff I see for sale. When my wife and I go pickin for parts , there is a lot involved in it. Twice we had to rent a big *** U HAUL to get it home from 5 hours away. Spend a couples weeks going through it , scrapping some of it . Researching what it is, with a lot of help from all you guys ! Clean some of it up. And still try to keep the prices down. I don't know all there is to know about everything Mopar, forgot more than I remember ! So I stay in the hobby doing my own projects, and help supply parts for others , That most likely would get sent to the scrapper by family members. Here's just a coupe pics we did last year !

View attachment 1715863103

View attachment 1715863104

View attachment 1715863105
Yup! You and Roy were my go to!! I've gotten alot of stuff off you your prices and products are always perfect!

I posted three items for sale this weekend and all of them are sold or pending funds. What I do see is people trying to take advantage of parts shortages. Edelbrock intake manifolds would be a great example. I have a very lightly used Milodon oil pan listed for about 60% of the sum of parts vs. new. It happens to be back ordered but I didn't factor that into the price. That's just me.

I'm both thankful and envious of you and the wife. What you are doing is a great benefit to us and the hobby. So as Mike Wolfe says " I appreciate you" :thumbsup:

And yes your parts/prices are great deals. People sometimes think because all they need is some $$ and a computer to get parts, that is the same way these parts originated. They dont realize the amount of effort involved.
I like to think that I throw out some good deals every now & then. I get a lot of repeat buyers. I price parts according to how fast I want to move them,and what I had to give for them. and less than other stuff I see for sale. When my wife and I go pickin for parts , there is a lot involved in it. Twice we had to rent a big *** U HAUL to get it home from 5 hours away. Spend a couples weeks going through it , scrapping some of it . Researching what it is, with a lot of help from all you guys ! Clean some of it up. And still try to keep the prices down. I don't know all there is to know about everything Mopar, forgot more than I remember ! So I stay in the hobby doing my own projects, and help supply parts for others , That most likely would get sent to the scrapper by family members. Here's just a couple pics we did last year !

View attachment 1715863103

View attachment 1715863104

View attachment 1715863105

Wouldnt that mean you did something mopar related? And most here know your "contributions" arent mopar or even car related. NOT to worry, I wouldnt sell you anything anyway. :icon_fU:

i would guess maybe 10 % of my posts here are mopar related...maybe even less
the rest of em, well, they are just like the conversation we'd have over thanksgiving i'd imagine

If I have it, and want to sell it, it's worth $20, no matter how many are currently available elsewhere.

If I need and want to buy the same part, it's $2,000 dollars no matter how many are currently available elsewhere.

I'm both thankful and envious of you and the wife. What you are doing is a great benefit to us and the hobby. So as Mike Wolfe says " I appreciate you" :thumbsup:

And yes your parts/prices are great deals. People sometimes think because all they need is some $$ and a computer to get parts, that is the same way these parts originated. They dont realize the amount of effort involved.
What I enjoy about Al and Teresa is, they are always having such a great time doing. That's the way to do it for sure.

"WE" would never have a conversation over any meal. I wouldnt allow myself to be anywhere near your hatred and hypocrisy.
i would guess maybe 10 % of my posts here are mopar related...maybe even less
the rest of em, well, they are just like the conversation we'd have over thanksgiving i'd imagine

I price parts according to how fast I want to move them,and what I had to give for them.
That's how it works best.

As to the items that seem overpriced, either the sellers have all the time in the world, or they overpaid, or they're right and someone comes along who pays the asking.

Another variation on this is a rust pitted part that they had blasted and painted. To me that's in the same catagory as the sleazy fresh coat of paint and home depot flowers seen on a houses for sale. It cost the seller some time and money but it doesn't change the real value to a perceptive buyer.

I love the high priced stuff with dirt, grease, cobwebs etc. Like they just picked it out of the mud behind the shed. "Should clean up nice." Then clean it up if you expect top dollar.

All of the best deals go down after I go to bed.

So much for that "Early to bed, early to rise " stuff.

I gave up on the whole selling parts thing.
I advertised some trunk finish panels, and grills for about 10 years. No bites here, none on Craigslist, and some FB assholes that didn't want the part. They just wanted to argue. Shipping was a problem too.
I took a truckload of parts to recycling center. Got $40 for it.

-
Back