The Good, The Bad, The OMG of Lady Gaga

-
Thats why I drive a truck. Just to pick her up. ( Give me a break I am old and slow )

It would be hard for the old farts to understand but it has a lot to do with art and music "combined". I like her myself .... she has some pretty good music and sexy videos that makes preachers squirm around in their chairs. Of course this might be a old fart review. lol

Yeah baby;rock my world little country girl!!!

Here is a good one

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBsypHzF3U"]YouTube - ‪Lady Gaga - Telephone ft. Beyoncé‬‏[/ame]

I guess she didn't get any attention growing up.

Some chicks must have circus mirrors they look in to so they look good....ga, gaaaa, gaaaa, oh my gaaaahhh.

I have a couple of 15 year old daughters who ard big fans of her. They say she was supposedly born with both male & female genitalia. Might just be a rumor but it could explain the Born This Way title.

Gonna be funny for all you guys likin "her" when it's confirmed "she" has a pair.

Heres a pic I saw online of her "trying" to walk in 12" platforms @ Heathrow Airport...
what goes up must come down.
lol

Not a fan but do admire the marketing

Attachments

• lady-gaga-falls-480x339.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 343
It would be hard for the old farts to understand l

I find this a little on the offensive side. As a guy who grew up in the 60's I don't think I need to take a back seat to "understanding" what is art and what is music.

That does not mean that I have to like some of this crap

By the way, "RAP" is not music.

I'm always anxious to see what she's going to wear next or what she may arrive in. (egg) :D I kinda' like her over-the top-style and I believe she's got talent as a songwriter and performer. When you compare her to a lot of her contemporaries she's got it going on.

Come on ,guys,remember KISS?David Bowies outrageous outfits and make up,Freddy Mercury?Madonna?Motley Crew?Alice Cooper??Even Marylin Manson.Although I dont agree with all of her songs,shes pretty much doing the same thing they did.
KISS was pretty controversial back then by church people ,remember the "hidden messages" in their records if you turned them backwards?lol

kiss.jpg

I find this a little on the offensive side. As a guy who grew up in the 60's I don't think I need to take a back seat to "understanding" what is art and what is music.

That does not mean that I have to like some of this crap

By the way, "RAP" is not music.

Sorry didn't mean to offend you but seeing a lot of your posts you find a lot to be offensive. If you re read my post I'm calling myself a old fart also so don't feel to bad... Im not getting any younger. Technically her music isn't "RAP"... Its called "Pop music".

Is it true that lady Gaga is Elton Johns sons god mother ?

Is it true that lady Gaga is Elton Johns sons god mother ?

LOL I doubt it.

Here is the vid I like the most.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I"]YouTube - ‪Lady Gaga - Bad Romance‬‏[/ame]

Sorry didn't mean to offend you but seeing a lot of your posts you find a lot to be offensive. If you re read my post I'm calling myself a old fart also so don't feel to bad... Im not getting any younger. Technically her music isn't "RAP"... Its called "Pop music".

Actually not that much. I refuse to be called names, and as you probably know, I dislike Danny boy. I was referring specifically to rap, not "pop music" as example of "what is not", art or music, that is.

This gaga person does have talent, it's too bad she decided to go down this road.

And the reason this is on FABO is because ?.................

Yep!!!

IMO, She stinks, her sounds are garbage. Let reinvent ourself because our real talent is floundering aimlessly due to lack of said talent.

Marketing unfortunatley has a lot of **** out there and good music gets shuttered for Britney, Gag-A, beiber, etc.

I put Kiss in the same genre as Gag-a. They stink and have a few decent riffs, but, overall were just great at marketing themselves. No such thing as bad press for them. Kiss casket anyone...

Here's the deal. You're not supposed to like it. its specifically designed that way. If you liked it, your kids and grandkids wouldn't.

I say fly your freak flag, and if it makes you a quadrillion dollars, good for you.

Personally I find that Bad Romance video to be pretty awesome, for a singing dancing kind of thing. Beats the crap out of the stuff Madonna was churning out back in the day.

Her nane is Stefani Germanotta and she was making music for many years before she came up with the Lady Gaga schtick. Marketing? You bet and she's done a fine job of it.

And yeah I'm an old fart.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idk1fwlFZg4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idk1fwlFZg4[/ame]

A x3 on the Bad Romance song and video -- very distinctive! Preceding the new album release on May 23, she had a bigggg special going on Fuse Channel, the GagaThon of all things. Though I didn't know much about her before, watching her interviews proved her to be educated, well-spoken and intelligent and very much into honoring who you are as a person without respect to color, sexual orientation or personal beliefs.

"Born This Way" may get added to the collection around here (though it's wayyyyy off of what I'd usually buy) ... found myself tapping my foot as the special aired and decided it would probably help on House Cleaning Day -- get done in half the time! LOL

As said before, she's definitely got some marketing skills behind her.

-
Back