the great mask debate

do you wear a mask when you go out?

• Total voters
-
To me not wearing a mask in public places is a slap in the face to your fellow man...

Glad you feel that way. I feel the same watching BLM just run amuck in my city ruining people livelihood's during the summer and nothing was done except let them have their way.. NOTHING! So if you want to talk about a slap in the face, there's one for you....

Mask, mask, mask.... the simple solution. Easier than social distancing or the turn of events as mentioned above.

JW

Glad you feel that way. I feel the same watching BLM just run amuck in my city ruining people livelihood's during the summer and nothing was done except let them have their way.. NOTHING! So if you want to talk about a slap in the face, there's one for you....

Mask, mask, mask.... the simple solution. Easier than social distancing or the turn of events as mentioned above.

JW
I thought this wasn't going to be a political discussion?..

I thought this wasn't going to be a political discussion?..

It's not..... It's about mask which is a mandate also accompanied by social distancing in my state. One is no better or worse than the other depending on who decides what fits their agenda.... Who said politics?

JW

The good news is that COVID apparently contains antibodies that have eradicated the flu, pneumonia, and put a large dent in many other diseases.....

I err on the side of caution all the time. I carry... doesn't mean I'm going to force everyone to.... smdh.. If you don't understand that, we're never going to find any middle ground. You isolate patients, not the other way around. Doctors don't send cancer patients home and tell the neighborhood lock it down.
Our common ground is that I am anti-force too.
It is your personal responsibility to protect yourself as you see fit. I try to ingest the science that appears as fact to me so I can do this for me and the others I care about. That is my choice and opinion. I formulate a 'plan' as slmopar said. If my plan doesn't work and I get really sick, then I burden the system and endanger those around me, the ones I care about.

The good news is that COVID apparently contains antibodies that have eradicated the flu, pneumonia, and put a large dent in many other diseases.....
Can't die from any of those if you're already dead from covid.

Can't die from any of those if you're already dead from covid.

I believe his point is, the CDC appears to have forgotten about those others. They've changed things a few times, but the numbers are all over the place.

A motorcycle driver died in FLA and it was listed as a C19 death. I have a friend who's brother died recently. They said since he tested positive for C19, that was the cause of death. However, he was in notorious bad health. C19 did NOT kill him and the Doctors changed the COD eventually.

I believe his point is, the CDC appears to have forgotten about those others. They've changed things a few times, but the numbers are all over the place.

A motorcycle driver died in FLA and it was listed as a C19 death. I have a friend who's brother died recently. They said since he tested positive for C19, that was the cause of death. However, he was in notorious bad health. C19 did NOT kill him and the Doctors changed the COD eventually.
That knife cuts both ways.

Yes I do wear a mask when I’m out. I think that as we approach the number of American lives lost equal to the total number of American Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and Merchant Marines lost in WWII we should have to pry masks off of peoples faces rather than have to ask them nicely to put one on! I’m sure that a mask mandate can be viewed as an attack on our freedoms. I find that those unwilling to comply with a mask mandate an attack on my freedom.
You can’t go into a restaurant without a shirt and shoes and I have never heard anyone suggest we have lost our freedom because of it. If you put on a mask you haven’t lost your freedom, you might save a life, give the frontline workers a break and even protect yourself for the people that care about you.

Yes I do wear a mask when I’m out. I think that as we approach the number of American lives lost equal to the total number of American Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen and Merchant Marines lost in WWII we should have to pry masks off of peoples faces rather than have to ask them nicely to put one on! I’m sure that a mask mandate can be viewed as an attack on our freedoms. I find that those unwilling to comply with a mask mandate an attack on my freedom.
You can’t go into a restaurant without a shirt and shoes and I have never heard anyone suggest we have lost our freedom because of it. If you put on a mask you haven’t lost your freedom, you might save a life, give the frontline workers a break and even protect yourself for the people that care about you.

First of all, do not compare a ******* mask with combat... that's coming from a vet so I have a dog in that fight.... That's about as false of an equivalence as I can think of.

Secondly, I can absolutely go into some places without a shirt or shoes, so your example is way off. Further, those are private businesses, not places I have to go. I can chose to NOT go into those places.

smdh....

Panic is the worst thing you can do in about any situation. Once it starts it is usually irreversible. It decimates your ability to make sensible decisions. People die in fires from panic. That is what the media has provided for us, panic.

No matter what your situation is, if we could all go about our lives calmly and thoughtfully, we would be closer to back to normal. Everything we do has consequences and often unintended consequences.

First of all, do not compare a ******* mask with combat... that's coming from a vet so I have a dog in that fight.... That's about as false of an equivalence as I can think of.

Secondly, I can absolutely go into some places without a shirt or shoes, so your example is way off. Further, those are private businesses, not places I have to go. I can chose to NOT go into those places.

smdh....

That's the mentality..... I will have to show that one to my dad (20 years Navy.) Oh well, thanks for your service!

JW

smdh....

Has anyone seen these? I bought them off Amazon. I thought they had a lot of good insights into all of this.

417B80CE-203A-4917-BF1F-E235B146A777.jpeg

Sorry, but you asked if I wear a mask and I answered. If you didn’t want an opinion that is different than your own you shouldn’t have asked.

Sorry, but you asked if I wear a mask and I answered. If you didn’t want an opinion that is different than your own you shouldn’t have asked.

If you don't want a response when saying something stupid don't say something stupid...

smdh....
What about seat belt laws? What about helmet laws...

seat seat belts and helmets don't restrict where I can go. Next
Wait a minute... you can't go in a car anywhere without wearing one and not being illegal.. the same with the helmet and many states...
I personally really don't like my helmet law here because I'm the only one that's going to get hurt...

Actually I was the one who asked, and I specifically wanted to know different opinions
(Politely of course)

Wait a minute... you can't go in a car anywhere without wearing one and not being illegal.. the same with the helmet and many states...
I personally really don't like my helmet law here because I'm the only one that's going to get hurt...

there are lots of places you can go without there are lots of places you can go without wearing a seatbelt. Just not on the public Highway. Helmet laws are state-by-state, there's many that don't require helmets. And they certainly don't require helmets for seat belts in your house when you're not around anyone else. We can play what about games all day long, the topic at hand is the stupid masks.

What about seat belt laws? What about helmet laws...

The Mask is a Mandate. So is social distancing. You got this one ace. Tell ya what-meet me at Creighton and Laburnum at 2 am this morning so we can start our Citizens arrest. You go after the mask and I get the ones for the Curfew. We can fix this!

JW

-
Back