The hardest thing I had to do today was put Duster to the rest

-
Lost my boy Dunham 2 years ago this month to kidney failure. He was 10.
20150906_211738.jpg

So very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.
I still have Riley & Belle, the only two I have ever had. They are our #1 smile makers. My little boy is 14 and can only hear loud noises. His eyes are cloudy but he can see some with his left eye. So, he is really clingy to me. I have to keep close watch on him when we go on walks so he doesn't run into things. My little girl will be 12 in May but she still seems like a puppy. They are loved and adored.
20220410_191834.jpg

20220907_165259.jpg

Last edited:
It's the hardest thing you will do this decade. Told myself i wasn't gonna do it again, but here i am. RIP Duster. You are loved.

20230106_101534.jpg

My condolences. My daughters asked when we brought a pup home why I was crying. I said because I know there’s going to be the day have to put him down. As one member said, the older we get the harder it is. They become sometimes the only real loyal friend we have or that we can relate to. This picture kind of eases the pain but it takes awhile to get over. I said never again after the last on passing. A year later I had to have another. We are “dog caretakers”. In as much as they take of us too. That’s what we do, together.

This photo is how I’m going to hopefully get through the next experience. Take care.

AAC34111-0A11-4F21-9D1A-A1EC1ACBF190.jpeg

Last edited:
The hardest thing I had to do was to put my lab the rest 16 and a half years she was my baby she protected me she done everything with me

View attachment 1716031117

View attachment 1716031118

View attachment 1716031119
I feel your heartache. We had to put down our Rat Terrier in July. We adopted him from the animal shelter in February 2008. He was said to be 7 years old when we adopted him. If my math is right, he would have been around 20 years old. Hardest thing to do, and still tear up when I think of the little guy.

My heart is heavy with the new of Dusters passing, and for all the members here who have lost their great friends. I love dogs, more than people sometimes. When I see a dog, I always ask to meet them, and I’m never disappointed with the greetings I receive. Some people think I’m crazy, but to me a dog is made of pure love, with an endless heart full of joy to give. I hope your heart is always filled with great memories of Duster, it’s a special gift to be able to share your love with a dog, you get so much more love in return.

The day is coming for me too, and I don’t know how I’m going to handle it. Bella is 14 now, her little raccoon face shows the many years of happiness we’ve shared together. I’ve alway made it a point to live in her world, and what a wonderful place it is. Only a dog could find so much joy out of the simple things, stopping to sniff a blade of grass, running around in circles just for the heck of it, chasing sticks into the water and not bringing them back. It’s a wonderful world indeed!

Bella says….”you dun good, human, and Duster will always love you”! May she Rest In Peace!

D578A11B-F839-47D6-9E7A-2341C994969E.jpeg

So sorry about your loss. It always sucks. Please consider rescuing another dog...maybe an older one, as they're harder to place. We've been getting older rescue-Huskies for 35 years.
It helps. Both you, your Ellie, and the animal you rescue.

-
Back