The Home Brew Hobby Thread

-
i've brewed a lot of beer, wine and champagne.Had filters for polishing and my own carbonating system and did a lot of experimenting.One of my favourites was honey mead using Champagne yeast...but you have to wait 20 years for it to come around. Problem was you are about half corked most of the time it's so economical. Now i just bought 2, 4 x 8 sheets of stainless steel from a guy and while in his shop he showed me his Whiskey and Rum stills. I've never tried that.
haven't brewed anything for over 25 years now.

I've thought about home made moonshine, but I'd probably screw it up too bad. Since I've quit drinkin, it really doesn't matter anyway.

i quit for 8 years Rusty...and i mean not a drop!
i routinely have a cold one or two now though.

Sampled and picked out 4 flavors for the nurses and volunteers at Cardiac Rehab on Friday. After 36 sessions it's Graduation Day for me!

A little Chocolate Orange Stout tonight.

20191112_172405.jpg

20191112_172349.jpg

Not hard at all. Not real spendy either. But lots of fun to drink.
I think I'm gonna get another starting barrel so I can do more than one brew at a time. I have 6 boys and they really liked the first batch so thinking two batches at the same time I might get a few beers for myself. lol

I think I'm gonna get another starting barrel so I can do more than one brew at a time. I have 6 boys and they really liked the first batch so thinking two batches at the same time I might get a few beers for myself. lol
Perfect. I have had 3 going at a time so far.

Perfect. I have had 3 going at a time so far.
Easy enough to keep track of what's what so I think 3 is no problem. Even if a guy is working every day really doesn't take much time to brew a batch.

Plus you now have a cool label coming to put on the bottles!

5874C6C1-26A8-48BA-894A-6B7B7DEE8009.jpeg

I'm feeling a little patriotic today. A little American Ale. Hard to believe this was bottled late last November.

20191115_135848.jpg
Got my T shirt and bottle labels today from Ddaddy so my next batch of beer will even be better.

-
Back