The Last Pass .

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
Tonight, my '64 Dart made its last runs out at Iwindale's 1/8th mile dragstrip, here in Southern California. The altered never fails to turn heads or gather a crowd, and tomorrow morning, its dropped off to be shipped over to the United Kingdom, to be one of only a small group of altereds running the dragstrips over the pond:
068-vi.jpg

Much to my surprise, I really enjoyed watching the new owner twist the Mickey Thompsons. Until he started tree'ing everyone with 5-teen , and 5-0 lights!!! Showoff, Brian!! Turned out to be a wonderful send-off, especially when Brian handed me the keys back and asked if I"d like to make the last pass with the car on U.S. soil. I had to oblige him!!!!!!:-D
065-vi.jpg

That must have hurt a little, to realize that that great little white Dart is now relegated to your memories... hope they made it worth your while!

There is a really nice picture of that car on page 6 of the September issue of Car Craft, on the "IN and OUT" page. It looks awesome!!!

Are you planning another car to build? I'd say that Dart will be hard to "top!"

Have fun, whatever you do....:cheers:

Wow. I can only guess about all the mixed feelings you have about the sale.
I guess congratulations are in order.

That is really cool that he offered you the last pass in it. I bet you have a LOT of memories with that car. How long did you own it anyway!

Our old Dart went over the pond a couple of years ago. It was NOTHING like your beautiful car but we both miss it still.
I gotta get the 66 up and racing soon!!!!

The new owner frequents this board. He's seen the two new cars I've already started to "alter". A '64 Mercury Comet Caliente, and a '64 Dodge Polara Coupe. No hard feelings at all on watching it go. It gives me great pride to be able to build a car that others have interest in. Think thats the reason why I keep doing it.

Thank you for sharing this day with us farmer That is a A #1 build and I am sure you let it go to a good owner, Brian sounds like a great guy and I hope he jumps in and lets us see IDENITTY CRISIS again.8)
back in the late 70es about 77 I had a off white "like yours'' named MOTHER"S WORRY 70 Barracuda 383 car that was tailored to George Rays drag strip and made some great memories, The only real drag car I ever owned, They say it's in Tennessee some where and still racing but going allot faster know. Looking forward to be updated on you other builds from funnycar farmer :cheers:

Great looking car, Farmer. Glad I got to see it in person a couple of times. Hope you told the new owner to keep it out of all the Brit 'liquid sunshine' - that little car is used to SoCal weather! Anxious to see your new builds.

I love that car. The new owner should consider himself very fortunate!

Although it would have screwed up that bald headed idiot on pinks, who hates Mopars but loves his little bowties:bootysha:

*Slight Hi-Jack*

I watched the re-run of Pinks @ Indy last night. Ken was crowing that all it took was one Chevy to win, and it got beaten my a Mopar. Then it was an all Mopar final with the A body taking out the E body..... :-D

I received word late last week, the car had arrived safely over in England, and that it was being put on a trailer, and immediately raced this last weekend, as the weather over there dictates whether you make a good pass or not!! I"m hoping to get some pictures of it soon!
Dale

-
Back