The Launch Of The Valiant

-

Chuckman

Reaction score
This week my son drove his 66 valiant to school for the first time. He was grinning ear to ear, and it attracted quite a bit of attention before and after school. This is in a high school parking lot with several new Mustangs, and a very new Corvette. I was proud and so was he. It's kind of like Christmas over again.

We haven't finished the car yet, but the kids are amazed by such an "ancient" car.

I'd bet it would surprise some of those other cars too. As an industrial arts school teacher I commend you on getting your son into a hobby/sport and spending time with him. There isn't enough of that.

I hope my daughter is into cars or motorsports. I would love to do a project car with her and I don't care what the brand is. To each their own. however a 67-69 barracuda painted purple to match mine wouldn't be a bad choice.

Attachments

• barracuda.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 153
Be proud of your son and what you got.Something you build,work on. and share.Anybody can walk into a dealers lot and sign on the line for a turn key.
When my daughter was a senior I was stunned that she asked to take my 65 Belvedere to school.She never drove it before(She had a Neon standard shift). The car was a 451 stroked,cammed,4.10 stick car.So we went out for a test drive. Yes she stalled it several times,spun the tires alot,and had a bit of a problem with manual steering and brakes.After about 45 minutes she said "Let's go back to the shop".Pulled in and shut it down,Thanked me and said,"It's a little too much for the school parking lot, but thanks anyway". It was a great day for me that she knew her limitations and showed respect by knowing it was best to leave it home. I know just the feeling you had that day. Sounds like you got a good kid on your hands,Bravo !!

My first 3 were a 63 nova SS (chevy II), 2nd was a 64 chevy stepside pickup (prom ride) and the 3rd was a 69 340 swinger which sparked an everlasting obsession with mopars and A bodies.

My son's daily driver to school was a 73 Dart Swinger.Six pac scoop,ralley wheels, Modified original 318 with 2 1/2 inch Flowmasters.To this day anytime he meets a teacher or principle from there the first thing asked is does he still have that car.Four years and about 70,000 miles after he and I built the motor in the back yard.Yes he still has it.

Hahah reminds me of my challenger. My brother and I are just a year apart and our classics always stood out. One of the best feelings was knowing that we bought and worked on our own cars when we ripped the **** eating grins off of the rich boys with their new parent bought camaros and corvettes as they grew smaller in the rear view mirror. The next day at school was always fun after that. :D

-
Back