The life of a Magnum (and 46RE question)

-
I would like to know this $1500 recipe! The deal fell through so I'm still searching far and wide. Doesn't hurt to get a head start a parts list though..

2 parts EQ stage II heads
1 part Regrind roller
16 parts roller rocker/stud/push rod kit

mix thoroughly and bake tires at 450 for 1-2 minutes

FSM says do not reuse head bolts or manifold bolts. Intake are always toast due to threads on entire length of bolt corroding in aluminum. Magnum are different length than LA and would you clean old head bolts for $35? New, stronger than stock fresh bolts for that cheap=no cleaning old ones....

2 parts EQ stage II heads
1 part Regrind roller
16 parts roller rocker/stud/push rod kit

mix thoroughly and bake tires at 450 for 1-2 minutes

Is that with the stock EFI or a carb?

Which cam?

What if you just happened already have MP R/T heads on your motor? ;-)

FSM says do not reuse head bolts or manifold bolts. Intake are always toast due to threads on entire length of bolt corroding in aluminum. Magnum are different length than LA and would you clean old head bolts for $35? New, stronger than stock fresh bolts for that cheap=no cleaning old ones....

Makes sense on the intake bolts. They are pretty spindly and nothing worse than buying another gasket set because you have to pull the intake because one broke, or worse, pulling a head because there isn't a better way to get the bolt out.

ALL vehicles made in 1996 and later are OBD II, even Yugos. I have never seen a 3 speed anything with 5.2/5.9 in 20 years of taking them apart. I will admit, we avoid vans so not as many taken apart. I have never heard of any Chrysler V8 using a RH after 1995. Not saying its not possible for 3 speed, but I wouldnt believe it unless I saw one. How did you determine they were 3 speeds?

My 97, 3/4 ton van with the 5.2 engine had a 3 speed, non overdrive, non lockup 727 transmission. I sold the trans as a core to Cope Racing Transmissions. after the van and I got washed down into a ditch in a flash flood.

Is that with the stock EFI or a carb?

Which cam?

What if you just happened already have MP R/T heads on your motor? ;-)

Makes sense on the intake bolts. They are pretty spindly and nothing worse than buying another gasket set because you have to pull the intake because one broke, or worse, pulling a head because there isn't a better way to get the bolt out.

Carb or FI, if correctly set up they will perform fairly close, FI having better lower end torque and throttle response. On top, both should be pretty close.

We have a few cams in the .533" to .555" lift that will get you over 350 and 400 HP respectively on a stock short block in good condition.

Ed AG w 700-750 cfm carb FBO ignition or factory MPFI w better intake, 850 cfm TB, and PCM Flash . Next step injectors for 400 HP.

Factory intake bolts are crap, almost every engine we take in has one broken one, usually has one water pump bolt glued to front cover too, T stat housing and belly pan like to break too. We replace em all.

When I did mine ( 98 ram 1500 46re ), the only "mod" to the trans is to install a cable drive speedo unit. The trans speed sensor for the PCM is in a different spot than the speedo drive unit. PCM controls OD and lockup.
Hi Matt,
Here are 2 pics of my Overdrive Unit. There are two sensors on drivers side.

-
Back