The little blue bulb

-

mewk61

Reaction score
I took the dash out of a 1975 Dart a couple months ago. When it was time to install the dash again, there was a small bulb with a blue rubber cover between the glove box and the radio that I can't find where it goes. Can anyone tell me where this bulb plugs into? It sits in its own socket and appears to provide light for the radio or heater controls. Thanks in advance.

I'd guess radio, what color wire was it hooked to, was it plugged into anything? connector?

Ash tray, or Radio. The glove box light on my Dart doesn't have a blue rubber on it.

it has a orange wire and yes it plugged into something. That is the problem, I can't see where it was plugged in. My thought is ashtray/ radio area.

I had a blue bulb under there too but mine was thick plastic and broke in half. Still have the pieces in my leftovers.

It is the lamp that illuminates the heater controls. If you look there is a hole in the back of the controls where it plugs in. This is only 73 and up

It is the lamp that illuminates the heater controls. If you look there is a hole in the back of the controls where it plugs in. This is only 73 and up

I may be wrong but I dont recall that bulb wearing a blue jacket.
The blue tint there is on the backside of the bezel-lens.

My 74' swinger has this bulb for the heater controls, any idea where
I can get a replacement?

Should be a two or 3 way split in the lamp wiring that has the female pin sockets in it. It may be the same wire going to the radio light. Some have tabs that kinda snap into the ash tray housing.

-
Back