The Mannix Car

-
I didn't know that my car had left such an impression on Jim. (Kidding) Jim Radke is by far the smartest guy I ever met when it came to Mopars.

By the way, you did notice the 15x8.5s on all four corners, didn't you?

unless the guy added 1965 model year plates to his Dart , which I seriously doubt ...

I still have my original RTS club sticker. Randy did some resto work on my 70 Cuda. I know he wanted to get out of the business. He was burned out. But boy did he do nice work.

I was in that club from 89-90 it was the last and only club for me too. Cool Charger I guess you were a pioneer for the pro touring movement. :toothy10: By the way killer fro as well, you should grow that back you would considered "in" today. :poke::rr:

I was in that club from 89-90 it was the last and only club for me too. Cool Charger I guess you were a pioneer for the pro touring movement. :toothy10: By the way killer fro as well, you should grow that back you would considered "in" today. :poke::rr:

Bwa ha ha ha ha. Dick. (Kidding) No more fro for me. With as much gray as I am sporting now, I would look more like Doc from Back to the Future....

A guy in Waynesboro, Virginia bought the car and had it at the Chrysler show at Carlisle a couple years in a row. Last I heard, he had it up for sale for around $100,000.00. Guess someone struck a deal with him.
But, I recall, back when the Mannix Dart was in California at Spring Fling, that the owner at that time had located a second Mannix Dart convertible. Maybe this is the second one.

Yep. The VA guy recently sold it ( I corresponded with him and wished I could buy it). Interestingly enough, this car was originally red. But the producers of the show thought red was a bit too flashy and painted it the dark green. As for the 67 GTX comment, many made the same mistake because the car has large foglights in the grill (part of George Barris treatment) that gave it a bit of a GTX feel. Even the GTS hood bulges were scalped open to be functional by Barris. Very cool car, 340 powered.

I liked his Cuda best, i think 71. At the beginning of his show didn't he have a 66-67 GTX
I believe the first car actually was a Olds toronado custom, The second season he had the 68' dart, with custom 67' tail lights and front running lights. It was a 383 car as well. I watched the show in 68' and Like a nut I still sign up on netflicks for the series. We never grow up I guess!

I watched the show in 68' and Like a nut I still sign up on netflicks for the series. We never grow up I guess!

I watched it as well, good show. I don't think growing up has anything to do with it, the older shows,IMO, are hands down better than "most" shows produced in today's world.

I really liked one episode of 1 adam 12, where they were staking out the airport. A gorgeous copper 69' R/T charger with a blonde driving by, I save it to look at it whenever I'm trying to duplicate something. that was a beautiful car new, I remember sitting in one then. Damn it now I have to get that picture out of my head!

Oldmopardude, how about this Charger!

Ouch! Now what am I supposed to do? That is a beautiful Charger. If I could figure out how to post my 68' in a better picture,,,,,,,,I have a copper 67' GTX, so I really favor that color. The Charger really is at the top, though!

Ouch! Now what am I supposed to do? That is a beautiful Charger. If I could figure out how to post my 68' in a better picture,,,,,,,,I have a copper 67' GTX, so I really favor that color. The Charger really is at the top, though!

The gentleman that owned it was a local country singer. He passed away at a young age though.

I can't help you in how to post a bigger picture, I was lucky to get this one up!!! LOL

Do you have a thread or picture here on FABO of the GTX?

You have to be 50+ years old to have seen the show. I'm a old fart like that. lol tmm

The gentleman that owned it was a local country singer. He passed away at a young age though.

I can't help you in how to post a bigger picture, I was lucky to get this one up!!! LOL

I'll do it, I just have to get to another computer!

The Dart just got it's GT Sport stripe finally last Friday after painting the car four years ago!

here are a couple old mopars, I still like that copper Charger!

Attachments

• P1010326.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010324.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 119
  • P1010327.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010344.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010339.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 92
  • PC250135.jpg