The Mannix Car

-

Forrest

Reaction score
So my wife is at the gas station filling up her car and this guy pulls up in a Dart. Since I'm in the middle of restoring a '69 Dart my wife takes a picture of this guy's Dart with her cell phone. She talks to the guy for a little bit and he says that it's the car from the TV show Mannix! This is in Murrieta, CA., western Riverside County.

Attachments

• Mannix Car (2) (Large).jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 3,306
The guy that restored that car, Andy K., is a member here. He found it and restored it.

I thought it went back east. Maybe it sold back here to So Cal?? Would be cool to get it back to Spring Fling for the 25th anniversary.

A guy in Waynesboro, Virginia bought the car and had it at the Chrysler show at Carlisle a couple years in a row. Last I heard, he had it up for sale for around $100,000.00. Guess someone struck a deal with him.
But, I recall, back when the Mannix Dart was in California at Spring Fling, that the owner at that time had located a second Mannix Dart convertible. Maybe this is the second one.

A guy in Waynesboro, Virginia bought the car and had it at the Chrysler show at Carlisle a couple years in a row. Last I heard, he had it up for sale for around $100,000.00. Guess someone struck a deal with him.
But, I recall, back when the Mannix Dart was in California at Spring Fling, that the owner at that time had located a second Mannix Dart convertible. Maybe this is the second one.

Andy owned it when you saw it at Spring Fling. He sold it on ebay to the guy in Virgina it sounds. Sold for like $32K or something?

The other Mannix Dart is a 69 Dart that a buddy of Andy's owns(ed?).

Back in the 80's I knew a guy who took one of the Mannix Cudas and made a HemiCuda clone out of it. Red with billboards and all. (Don't fret, it was a complete total when he got it).

Back in the 80's I knew a guy who took one of the Mannix Cudas and made a HemiCuda clone out of it. Red with billboards and all. (Don't fret, it was a complete total when he got it).

:snakeman: Randy Gerstenburg!

You know Randy? I lost touch with him when I went into the army. I hung out at his shop every now and then.

No. Just know of him. And remember seeing him around back in the day. They were members of the RTS club.

The Mannix Dart was at Carlisle in 2008 set up in the 1968 Retro Dealership. Pertty cool car. Subtle custom work.

No. Just know of him. And remember seeing him around back in the day. They were members of the RTS club.

Yeah, that's where I met him. RTS was the first (and last) car club I was in.
Do you know whatever happened to him?

although I was hooked early (65 - sisters boyfreind / 66 - a school teachers Cudas) and thankful to be at a Sox and Martin super car clinic in 68....loved the Mannix shows mopars - he was kinda cool too....think Chrysler sponsered the show....

I was in that club when he was president. When were you in the club and what did you have at the time? Small world huh?

Yeah, no kidding. It was around '81-'82.
And it looked something like this.....

Attachments

• img028.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,110
Yeah, no kidding. It was around '81-'82.
And it looked something like this.....

I didn't know RTS went back to 81-82. Way before my time. I went to couple of meetings in '89.

The color scheme looks like the one on Pete Haldiman's old Hemi Daytona that Jim Radke owned and painted prior.

-
Back