The new 'Dodge' 6 banger...and its a deusy!

-
I don't overly care about modern cars but at least it shows performance ain't dead for the next gen of cars and their buyers.

I still feel that my spirit animal is not frightened. Speed, 4 wheels and a propulsion system. It just does it for me. Sure, the visceral sound of thrashing a car, putting it into a corner or acellerating (**** I cant spell) is great, but I personally am into being able to command the machine on its ragged edge. I really dont care how the govt tells me to go fast.....Im going fast no matta'!

I was gonna try the caddy 3.6 twin on my S10
3E98B57F-BA72-42AA-9B0B-8C1FE7780EF1.jpeg

6FC7E0BF-73A0-4DEE-BFE9-D547DB704DBD.jpeg

You mean this caddy v6?

I thought they put a 3.8 in those.....or was it the 4.3......the caddy engine is a 3.6 twin turbo starting in like 2012 ish. It is putting out 420/430 hp/tq kind of numbers in a very small package. I would love to use the straight 4/5/6 Atlas platform used in colorado trucks but with a turbo already attached .......

Reality check.....Barracuda first, 69 mach, then the 34 plymouth coupe. Plenty of things to take care of first...staying focused.

I thought they put a 3.8 in those.....or was it the 4.3......the caddy engine is a 3.6 twin turbo starting in like 2012 ish. It is putting out 420/430 hp/tq kind of numbers in a very small package. I would love to use the straight 4/5/6 Atlas platform used in colorado trucks but with a turbo already attached .......

Reality check.....Barracuda first, 69 mach, then the 34 plymouth coupe. Plenty of things to take care of first...staying focused.
They did use a 3.8 stock. That one is far from stock. Most of the car is carbon fiber and the engine is a new caddy 3.6 that used to have twins. Now a single. And that one makes north of 600hp.

RACING FORUM BECAUSE THE CRATE MOTOR IS >1000 HP! Someone is gonna come up against one some day.

Gubment didn't shut down the Gen 3 hemi, Stellantis, THE ENTITY FORMERLY KNOWN AS MOPAR did as their entire platform did not meet an average xx mpg mandated by the 'evil gubment'. In reality they could have kept the gen 3 and produced 100,000 more electric cars or 1.4l jeeps or V6 Diesels and brought their average MPG inline with every other car makers lines. Twin turbo V6's are F'n awesome, ie Nissan GTR. Something about the balance of a V6? How about RAM bringing back the D50, a small shitbox standard cab truck (that looks like the old mini trucks, no cartoon looking aero headlight BS) for the masses priced at under 20k? Put a small motor in it, maybe with a diesel/plug in electric option, strip it down to bare bones utility status with options galore and hype the mileage and price and sell a ton, like the Neon. It could be there new K-car or minivan, the saving grace for Mopar/RAM/jeep/insert name here . If Tesla can envision producing a 25K electric car (or even a truck!) Then Stellantis can.
Don't forget the legendary Toyota 2JZ!

-
Back