The Newbies 73 Duster

-

73Duster6

Reaction score
Well first I'll say I been into Mopars for over 35 years and though I had only just over a handfull I've enjoyed each one. My present ride is a 1973 Duster with a slant 6 225 auto. I bought this car Dec. 07 because it was in decent shape and low miles. Early 08 I started working on it. First was a new heater core and turn signal switch also changeing the steering wheel (original looked like a dog chewed on it).Through on some rally wheels.

Early 09, the idlerarm was getting sloppy so I replaced it and the pitman and took the complete unused front rebuilt suspension and steering linkage with SBP disc brakes off my Dart and put it on the Duster. Also putting the rear springs from the Dart on the Duster (the Duster was sagging to the right and I had new springs for the Dart).

Early 2010 I found a front Sport bench seat and had both seats recovered in black and changed most of the interior to black also. I put sound deadner all over the floor and some in the doors and put in new carpet (it had the rubber floor covering) and finished the wood grain across the dash. Also put on a left remote mirrior (still looking for a right one).

August 2010 I picked up a Super Six setup for the engine and started working on that but due to "circumstances" and a loss of intrest the Duster sat intill about 5 months ago with some occasional tinkering in between. I resterted the project after a coworker asked if I'd would sell it to him and I said only after I get it running (more money). Well by the time I got it running good (only way I would sell it) he had picked up another car. So now I have been fine tuning the motor and thinking about what to start on next.

Sorry about the long read and now a few pics. Note the paint job is not as good as the pics make it seem, paint is on the to do list.

The good side
100MEDIAIMAG0268.jpg

The bad side
100MEDIAIMAG0273.jpg

The inside
100MEDIAIMAG0264.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0262.jpg

The engine
100MEDIAIMAG0274.jpg

very nice car.....dont give up on her.....she looks mighty worthwhile.

Great story, awesome looking car!
Where are you going to start first?

I wouldn't sell it if I was going to be home less. Car looks good enough to live in. Nice ride.:coffee2:

Thanks everyone. After my coworker got me motivated to get the Duster running I was glad that he got another car because I've been having fun getting it running good and driving it around on a daily basis again and NO it's not for sale any more. As for whats next I need to find and fix the high speed vibration thats driving me crazy so I can do more freeway driving. Of course paint some day other wise just take care of what ever needs fixed when it pops up and make little improvements like Sport mirrors and replacing the AC.

-
Back