the newest addition.... yep, a hemi

-
Awesome car....but FWIW, JB Weld is NOT gas and oil impervious. It will break down over time. I would have someone heliarc tac that nut in place.

Also, I have a question about the fuel system. Do I notice TWO outlets, or is one an outlet and the other a return?

from the JB weld website...........

Q: Is J-B Weld resistant to water and/or gasoline?

A: When fully cured, J-B Weld is completely resistant to water, gasoline, and about every other petroleum product or automotive chemical. For wet-surface or submerged water or gasoline repairs, see our J-B Stik or Waterweld product information.

http://jbweld.net/faq.php/

Awesome car....but FWIW, JB Weld is NOT gas and oil impervious. It will break down over time. I would have someone heliarc tac that nut in place.

Also, I have a question about the fuel system. Do I notice TWO outlets, or is one an outlet and the other a return?

You have a good eye grasshopper.... there is a return but what you were looking at was the fuel line and the NOS (and I dont mean New Old Stock) fuel line or the right.

Dumb question... do those stacks have filters in them at all? I'd be kinda hesitant to drive it much if not

But yes needless to say I am also drooling LOL

yes, they are not made to filter out the smallest of particles but will work for now. I need to order some of these.

Attachments

• IMG_1408_medium[1].jpg
    7 KB · Views: 417
from the JB weld website...........

Q: Is J-B Weld resistant to water and/or gasoline?

A: When fully cured, J-B Weld is completely resistant to water, gasoline, and about every other petroleum product or automotive chemical. For wet-surface or submerged water or gasoline repairs, see our J-B Stik or Waterweld product information.

http://jbweld.net/faq.php/

Yeah, I've seen that too. But they are incorrect. It's been several years, but there was a nice article floatin around all the hot rod books about it. What they recommended....what they didn't. JB Weld was at the top of the "do not" list. I've built countless Thermoquads that had the well plugs glued on with JB Weld. It does not hold with petroleum based products. Besides that, I would not trust ANY epoxy under the valve cover of any engine.....let alone a Hemi, especially when a heli arc of less than 15 minutes would repair it for life. Good luck with it.

Yeah, I've seen that too. But they are incorrect. It's been several years, but there was a nice article floatin around all the hot rod books about it. What they recommended....what they didn't. JB Weld was at the top of the "do not" list. I've built countless Thermoquads that had the well plugs glued on with JB Weld. It does not hold with petroleum based products. Besides that, I would not trust ANY epoxy under the valve cover of any engine.....let alone a Hemi, especially when a heli arc of less than 15 minutes would repair it for life. Good luck with it.

The valve covers will be coming off again in short time. Thanks for the heads up, heli arc it is!

When you do that burnout make a real nice one like this
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCQJoYP5oZQ"]1968 Dodge Charger 440 burnout - YouTube[/ame]

yes, they are not made to filter out the smallest of particles but will work for now. I need to order some of these.

OK I have seen those before... At least you wouldn't have to worry about your Hemi sucking down some birds when you floor it lol

Wow...Congrats on the car. Looks like a kick in the *** !

Watching your video was kind of funny. Sounded like Cheech an Chong stole a Hemi. Lol
"Ah man that's just insane man" "Insanely cool man" "Just insane" "Hoo-Hoo" !!

The valve covers will be coming off again in short time. Thanks for the heads up, heli arc it is!

I sure would. It's a awesome cool beautiful little car. It would SUCK if somethin stupid happened to it. lol

I am glad that fish is as nice as the pics depict. Barracuda with teeth, too bad it didn't get an A body Dana 60.

Is that a stock tank with a sump added or a custom tank?

attachment.php

Bet you don't get too many to try you when they pull up to you at a stop light. Those Hillborns kinda give a little hint... weith EFI and nitrous... like it needs the juice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZXFFLuoaMzM

You stole,that car.
Definitely make chubbies and fords tremble with fear at the cruise ins.

Love that thing!

Wow...Congrats on the car. Looks like a kick in the *** !

Watching your video was kind of funny. Sounded like Cheech an Chong stole a Hemi. Lol
"Ah man that's just insane man" "Insanely cool man" "Just insane" "Hoo-Hoo" !!

My son and I really injoyed that ride! LOL

It is funny

i would not trust jb weld for that job .rob is right on get it welded.

Mark, does this mean the dart is on the back burner? Great new addition by the way.

No, I think I'm going to use this engine in the dart and sell the barracuda as a rolling shell........ Not 100% sure but that's what I'm thinking. I know, I'm crazy........

-
Back