The NFL is starting to really suck!

-
my buddy C.I. plays for the eagles and he says it's alot of work but he agrees that the rules are jus plain dumb and annoying he said he misses high school and college when it as all about the gsame and the fun and not just a job.

Seattle Seahawk’s football practice was delayed nearly two hours yesterday after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field.

Head coach Jim Mora immediately suspended practice while police and federal agents were called in to investigate.

After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance, unknown to the players, was the goal line.

Practice was resumed today after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again anytime soon.

lol is that for real??? That's hilarious

I absolutely hate how the quarterback is so protected in the NFL these days. With that said I'm a Jaguar fan so you can understand my frustration.

Yea, I head something about the "white lines" in Seattle on the radio! There must be some truth to that.

Yes, I think Favre pretty much proved his point. He wants to win, and he knew that Packers suck and they didn't care to improve the team. Too cheap. I didn't get it at first, but I can now understand. It is selfish, but he wants to win, and he is.

Let me clarify too. I do think some of the show boating is stupid. I mean when I team is behind 14 points, and a guy make 1 tackle and dances around all proud. That is annoying.
But if A guy makes a touch down, and has a short prayer or something? So what?
Also all these interference calls, and holding calls. They can call that every play if they wanted too. Also they are turning into real pusses. it's going in the direction of flag football. That's it what is starting to turn me away from the NFL. Just let the men play!

I love football. Its not that you cant celebrate. Its when they become distasteful or delay the game. They are getting tighter on penaltys due to the safety of the game (that and congress sticking there nose in). As far as Vick im glad to see he got back in. I know ive mess up big a few times in my life and got a second change when I needed it. Same message Id like to send to my kids. I want them to know that when you f**k up there are second chances if you choose to take advantage of them, and do the right things. The guy is paying his debt with his prison term and the things he is doing to work with orginazations to combat it. Does that mean I condone what he did HECK NO. But he is taking the right steps to make up for it and do the right things.

SHOW YOUR EAGLES PRIDE!!!!

Those guys get paid extremely well for scoring points, isn`t that what they`re supposed to do? Why do they have to beat their own chests when they do? With all of the celebrating and props there was it starting to look like the WWF or something. I`m glad they started fining people for some of the antics that were going on, perhaps a little dignity can be put back in the game. If there was anything I think they should change it`s the use of instant replay. If something is questionable about a play that can be made right by using instant replay then they should use it, regardless if the call was challengeable or not.

Here's the deal. The guy's with class never did a dance in the end zone. They new that they scored with the help of the entire team. All this look at me and what I did is just a bunch of classless wannabe's.

Jack

I totally agree. They dance around in the end zone like a Bantam rooster struttin around, looking like a fool. All because they think THEY scored the goal and it had nothing else to do with anybody else on their team.

That could be said for any professional sport, I agree that it just brings more excitement to the game, but it needs to be done with taste.
There is always a few that take it too far.

What other professional sport dances around like a fool when they score? I haven't seen any. The closest I can think of in any other sport celebrating a score is when they pump their fist after a score and maybe a few guys on his team pat him on the back. That's a far cry from dancing a jig for 30 seconds. If you can think of one please enlighten me.

Can you imagine basketball players dancing a jig after each score? That'd sure cut down on scoring time.

Hate football never watched a single game.
Hmmmmmmm.

thumbnail.jpg

Here's the deal. The guy's with class never did a dance in the end zone. They new that they scored with the help of the entire team. All this look at me and what I did is just a bunch of classless wannabe's.

Jack

You mean the attitude that Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas used to display when they scored? Just give the ball to the ref and jog back to the sidelines like they've done it before? That's the kind of player I like. They shrug their shoulders, run off the field, and have the attitude: "that's what I get paid to do." I don't think I ever saw Barry Sanders celebrate once. And I saw Thurman get pumped up during a Pittsburgh game where he jumped up after a hard run and signaled a first down. And those were during some long careers.

In Detroit we don't worry about celebrating in the endzone after a touchdown cause it's alway's the other team.LOL

As a life-long football fan (GO PATRIOTS!) I can see both sides of the celebration arguement. First off, I loved the way Sanders and Thomas did it, classy and at the same time a little arrogant (like dont worry, I'll be back here soon). I also think when a team makes a huge comeback, they should celebrate all they want (ie Lions last week against the Browns, Mangini wanted a delay of game penalty). I honestly think its worse in college football. After all, they're not being paid and they're still "kids". It has cost some teams a victory as well...

I like the NFL I just can't stand bandwagon fans who claim whatever team is winning or on the rise is "their" team and then talk **** to other Loyal fans that have stuck with certain teams over the years even though they may not be doing that well as of late. Bandwagoners make me sick.

I enjoy watching the game, but the showboating after every play is totally over the top ( Look at me, I tackled the dude ! ) .
[ That's what you get paid to do... MORON.]

All of that said, one of my favorite celebrations of all time, was Terrell Owens as a 49er, catching a TD pass and pulling a sharpie out of his sock, autographing the ball, and immidiately presenting it to a fan in the stands. That really showed some creativity... and got him a hefty fine. Fortunately, I have a DVR, and can zip through all the replays, & holding penaltys, and my limited viewing time is reduced to a manageable block.
GO SAINTS !

As long as they beat the Vikings I guess!

not a fan, think they are overpayed and run by a group that wants to extort as much money as they can from the public

force the cities to spend more money than should be allowed to keep a team and threaten to move if they don't get their way..........next time you see the colts play at home see what 725 million dollars to build and about 30 million more per year to maintain than budgeted (oops we forgot it would cost more then the dome) dumba**es. This was to be a big moneymaker and something Indy really needed.

If you come to Indy for any reason you will pay one of the highest Hotel, taxi and food taxes anywhere in the country....................THANKS FOR HELPING PAY FOR THE NEW STADIUM

I would have been more than happy to help load their crap in a mayflower trailer and move them anywhere but here

With all pro sports many timeouts and calls are for commercial breaks and just read this past week that the TV dictates that the Colts will play the Patriots during sweeps week every year......... BULL SH*T

Now Jim Irsay is a Billionaire. Doubt he has ever had to work a real job a day in his life, Daddy bought the team and left it to him.

Now how many more games can the Colts win this year?

not a fan, think they are overpayed and run by a group that wants to extort as much money as they can from the public

force the cities to spend more money than should be allowed to keep a team and threaten to move if they don't get their way..........next time you see the colts play at home see what 725 million dollars to build and about 30 million more per year to maintain than budgeted (oops we forgot it would cost more then the dome) dumba**es. This was to be a big moneymaker and something Indy really needed.

If you come to Indy for any reason you will pay one of the highest Hotel, taxi and food taxes anywhere in the country....................THANKS FOR HELPING PAY FOR THE NEW STADIUM

I would have been more than happy to help load their crap in a mayflower trailer and move them anywhere but here

With all pro sports many timeouts and calls are for commercial breaks and just read this past week that the TV dictates that the Colts will play the Patriots during sweeps week every year......... BULL SH*T

Now Jim Irsay is a Billionaire. Doubt he has ever had to work a real job a day in his life, Daddy bought the team and left it to him.

\

Hopefully none.:angry1:

Politics at work. For ages Jesse Ventura in MN wouldn't fund new stadiums for the Vikes or the Twinkies, now a new governor, new arenas. How much of our TARP money went to Citibank after they spent millions for the naming rights for the new stadium for the Mets? Ask the city of Baltimore how well Camden Yards "revitalized" that area, or Detroit and the new ballpark there.
Then we have the trickle down effect. The rhetoric of the owners and the politicians would have you believe that a new taxpayer funded stadium will "revitalize" an area to an extant that people will come. And smaller cities are falling for it. Elmira, NY, was one such city. We were promised an AHL hockey team while the taxpayer funding was being put in place to build the First Arena. After the funding was set and the construction began, the teams owners found excuses to not buy into the AHL, but instead went the cheaper route and bought into the UHL.
While the politicians of Elmira were making promises of "revitalization" the area landlords were raising rents with the expectations of businesses wanting to jump on the bandwagon of being close the arena and putting in restaurants and bars and the such. The rents became unaffordable and the businesses which were there, left. No restaurants or bars came because the rent went through the roof. This area has been economically repressed since the flood of '73, when a lot of the businesses closed in downtown and decided not to open again. All new construction is happening ten miles away, near the mall, restaurants and stores are going there, not moving into the old style department store buildings which are near the arena.
Now with the arena still being funded by taxpayers, the property taxes have increased to the cover the costs, the parking meters in front of the arena and all those area store fronts still exists and the cost on them have gone up. The nearby parking garage has seen a rate increase. In the meantime, anything but "revitalization" has happened. Store fronts are still empty. People are still going to the mall. It's been five or six years, but nothing great has happened as far as making downtown great again, like it was back in the day. For the politicians and the owners of the teams it's all a lie which hasn't played out in the real world. Sport Illustrated did a nice article on this some time ago looking at areas like that which surrounds Camden Yard all the way down to lowly little venues like 30,000 populated Elmira, NY.
As for the hotel fees, don't even get me going on that. Because of Watkins Glen International, and the fact that Schuyler County, where the track is actually located, doesn't have enough hotel rooms to accomodate the number of people who come to watch the NASCAR race, the hotel tax is spread to the three neighboring counties. And Schuyler County, where the track is actually located, doesn't get the biggest share of said tax and is still the second poorest county in the state of NY. Even though the track brings in an estimated $300M worth sales tax each year. Even though Schuyler County and Watkins Glen spent millions hooking the track, which is seven miles from the Village, to the municipal sewer and water, even though there's enough property there to drill several wells and dig several septic systems, all because the France family, which is a billionaire family, threatened to take the NASCAR race away from the track (which the France family owns, by the way.)

As to the athletes being overpaid? My way of thinking has always been that if someone wants to pay you the money to do what you do, then why not take it? I mean, if someone came along and offered me a six or seven figure a year salary to work on cars, I'd be stupid not to jump at it wouldn't I? Would I be overpaid? Maybe so, but I wouldn't be so stupid as to stand there and say, "I'm not worth it, so just pay me the mininum." I'm not going to begrudge pro-athletes the money, especially NFL players, whose life expectancy isn't the same as another healthy man of the same age. When the commentators say the such-and-such is putting his body on the line to make a play, the person making that statement is usually right. We as the fans usually don't see the effects of that play when the pro NFL athlete retires and is off the field. Effects many have after having too many concussions, or spinal damage which doesn't allow a man to walk like other men in their 50s, or fingers which are so damaged a man can't hold a fork without some kind of aid. All because they wanted the money or loved the game? Or is it a love of the game which brought the money? Because if you didn't love something so much to stay good at it would the money have come? Not all are like that, but some are.
You also have to take into account those athletes who employ others with some of that money. Not just the lawyers, accountants, and agents, plus all the staff those may have, but in the charitable foundations some will set up.

Just a small response to how much athletes make. I have herd them called "overpaid prima donnas". The truth is we all have a chance to be an athlete, some are cut out to be one others not. They have spent there whole life acheving there level of play. Don't be a hater if you can't play the game or didn't put the time in to excell. 8)

Seattle Seahawk’s football practice was delayed nearly two hours yesterday after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the practice field.

Head coach Jim Mora immediately suspended practice while police and federal agents were called in to investigate.

After a complete analysis, FBI forensic experts determined that the white substance, unknown to the players, was the goal line.

Practice was resumed today after special agents decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again anytime soon.

HAHA!!! Same problem in cleveland!! The browns STINK!!!!!!
but i'm a die hard browns fan

Just a small response to how much athletes make. I have herd them called "overpaid prima donnas". The truth is we all have a chance to be an athlete, some are cut out to be one others not. They have spent there whole life acheving there level of play. Don't be a hater if you can't play the game or didn't put the time in to excell. 8)

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:thumbrig:

The lenght of time a pro football player is able to work in that field is short compared to lets say a doctor ,lawyer, of a wal mart teller, so that has a great deal to do with the massive check they recieve for but a short span of their life and has to last them their intire life...BUT...it chaps my butt when they make that kind of money then the next thing you know is they all bow up and strike. So many dont have good advice on investing for the future and that's the reason you find super bowl rings in pawn shops. Make hay while the sun shines. "Make what you can, and can what you make"
Small Block

And by the same token, many of them are there strickly due to their physical size, nothing to do with skills or talent or being an athlete.

300 +lbs running 4.7 to 4.9 40 is no joke. Skills or not, there is without question some athleticism.

And by the same token, many of them are there strickly due to their physical size, nothing to do with skills or talent or being an athlete.

That is like saying a Sumo wrestler could be competative in the NFL. Or my load 400lb brother for that matter(he couldn't cut high school practice).
There are alot of great undersized players.

-
Back