The nova game

-

floivanus

Reaction score
My neighbor points this car out to me, a few other people around town point it out to me, everyone has a different idea on what it is

image.jpeg

Looks like a ford maverick or fairlane from the 60's to me.

Ya know... I considered that abomination also... Look how long the front end is..and the fender slats...
I haven't talked to or seen the owner, so I don't know but I haven't seen anything with the recesses in the fenders like that (emblems??) or the round tail lights (ford?)

But the number one question I keep getting is 'have you seen that nova?'

I haven't talked to or seen the owner, so I don't know but I haven't seen anything with the recesses in the fenders like that (emblems??) or the round tail lights (ford?)

But the number one question I keep getting is 'have you seen that nova?'
Oh.. It's definitely a Ford Product.. Falcons had the round rear lights... and mustangs had the fender scalops. Looking more and more to me like someones Custom Hybrid.

2i223j9.png

Tried to find a pic from the same angle. This came up under a "1966 Ford Falcon" google search. Obviously, someone has done a little customizing to the front fender of the car in the first pic.

I'm a '64-'65 Falcon fan myself, but got stuck with a '69 4 door Falcon as my first car.

And there we have it, first time i seen it I thought falcon, don't see any around here. Floors rotting out on the car, no glass, sits outside all year long. Nice looking fresh paint though. Haven't seen it not sitting in the driveway in 5 plus years either
Buy it, weld in new 67 mustang floors. They are the same, do a quickie reassemble and flip it.

Buy it, weld in new 67 mustang floors. They are the same, do a quickie reassemble and flip it.
I think my head would roll on that one. I have to finish my 68 camaro, her 67 galaxie 500, my and my boys 67 barracuda, and my 74 kaw h2, and 77 kz1000 first. Not to mention the kitchen and bathroom.

That's a Falcon plain as damn day.

They got smart and put the filler neck on the side, i wonder however if they still used a drop in tank on these where the gas tank top is the trunk floor?

That's a Falcon plain as damn day.
That's the point; I had a good idea that's what it is and in the five years I've known of it no 'car guys' in town (including someone I know who has a 340 demon) knows what it is, and the usual guess is 'nova' not just folks on this site get the mistaken identity issue.

Glad it ain't just me!!!
Yeah, to get anything done I'm going to have to get rid if something, got the H2 running so I may end up getting rid of that, otherwise I'm at a deadlock for time

Quit Falcon around, everyone!
And some people on here get butt-hurt if someone calls their Valiant a Nova.......
From some of the replies in this thread, not a lot of people know the difference in the styling of cars outside of their favorite brand.
Unless everyone was kidding from the start, then i'll STFU.

-
Back